xɪx

Giyu and I decided to rest for a while after walking around the large city for almost an hour. We weren't able to spot a peach-haired boy, much to our dismay. I wonder, just where did Sabito went to?

"Do you know where the specific place of your mission is located?" I asked as we sat on a bench near a food stall selling noodles to rest. "This city is too big to be able to spot the demon we need to kill. More so, Sabito."

Giyu shook his head with a slight frown. "Unfortunately, I didn't get the complete details. I only heard about this place being the location, but not the specific area."

I sighed as I scratched the back of my head. "Then we should take a rest then continue on. We might be able to find Sabito later." He nodded in agreement before we were engulfed by the city's lively noise.

Not until I heard a growling noise and faint footsteps, making me alert all of a sudden. "What was that?"

Giyu frowned, averting his gaze somewhere. "...nothing."

I blinked my eyes, not wanting to embarass the depressed kid. "....maybe we can eat some noodles?" I suggested, jerking my thumb at the food stall near us.

He then glanced at me, before hesitantly nodding. I smiled as we went near the stall, and gladly there weren't many customers. We took a seat at the stool and the owner greeted us before taking our order.

Hmm, I'm not that kind of familiar with the noodles in Japan. I am Asian, don't get me wrong. But Japan wasn't the place I was born before. There were different names for almost same-looking noodles that makes me go batshit crazy.

"Um, mister, can you prepare us your best noodles to eat?"

"Mhm! Ofcourse young lads!" The man responded joyfully with his deep voice, turning around to prepare whatever dish of a noodle he is pro to cook. Giyu looked at me, amused, and I gave him a shrug.

"Never knew you were clueless about noodles."

I chuckled. "I think all noodles are the same, except for the extra seasonings. Not my fault tho."

He nodded. "Certainly. I thought so too."

It didn't took the owner long enough to serve us the noodles. If it were any ordinary day, I would have thought of it as nothing but a normal noodle. But boy, his dish made it look 100% more delicious to eat!

I made sure to pay for our meal first before digging in using chopsticks. I'm usually left-handed when it comes to using chopsticks, but I suppose I managed to use my right hand as well, since I always train with almost every single thing using my right hand.

"Itadakimasu." We ate our food in silence as the owner prepared other dishes for the other customers. I didn't dare to say anything, since I don't know what to say.

....

Minutes already passed. This suffocating silence is killing me. How did it end up so awkward?

"Hey, Giyu." I spoke right before I swallowed the noodles. He glanced at me as he finished his bowl. Already? "I'm curious. Did Sabito ever said something about his problems before?"

Giyu looked a bit hesitant, that alone made me notice that maybe he did. "Well...not technically problems. But Sabito did tell me strange things before."

"Strange things?" It made me confused and curious at the same time. I urged him to tell me more and so he did. Sorry dude, I need to know more.

"He told me about what and how the future may unfold," he started, making me put down my chopsticks beside my unfinished bowl of noodles. "What was it again? Ah, a prophecy-"