Gray {2}

*Don't mind me, just a starved fudanshi making gay fanart for my own story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(//>//~//<//)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gray's POV

The journey to the Capital had taken a few hours since it was located in the center of Alpha territory. I was bored out of my mind but knew that silence was better than engaging in conversation with my chauffeur. Instead, I went over capturing strategies. When that became boring, I turned my head towards the window and looked at the lives around me.

We were currently passing through a busy marketplace. There were large stands selling everything from food to clothes to Omegas. Richer Alphas were parading around with their Omegas tied on leashes behind them, many of them barefoot and pregnant. Children were running wild as their parents yelled at them to behave themselves. This was life and it was bustling everywhere.

The scene reminded me of my dream and that beautiful Omega. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to wonder.

There were lushes, long, locks of untamable pink hair, vibrant green eyes glaring at me with anger and determination, tan, olive skin covered in claiming bites and cuts. He was strong, so incredibly strong and sexy. Fire encased his fists as he glared at me, murder in his eyes. He was so sexy. Large firey wings emerged from his back as he prepared to fly away, his stance poised and ready to fight.

No.

He can't go.

I won't let him go.

He was struggling. He couldn't fly, something was pulling him back.

Shackles. Ice made shackles.

I followed the chain, the end was wrapped around my hand. I was gripping tight.

There was a scream. No, a war cry. A cry of hopelessness and despair.

"Let me go!"

No.

NO.

"No!" I startled awake, my heart beating loudly in my ears. I took a deep breath and composed myself a large grin taking over my face.

I caught him.

*~*

We reached the Capital not long after my interesting dream. Renewed energy buzzed through me at the promise of my prize. Father would be proud.

I waited for my chauffeur to open the carriage for me and he bowed as I came out. I walked with confidence, my dominating scent creating a dangerous and powerful aura around me. I paused, staring at the grand building before me. This was where I was going to live for the next month.

Despite the Chasing being a mating ritual, it was still a business. It was entertainment for society, like a game show and its true colors showed during the Banquet.

The goal during this month was to score a high ranking because only the top ten Alphas and Omegas would participate in the Chasing. The only way to boost up your ranking was to win the matches that occurred at the end of every week. By the end of the month, your points were added up and your final ranking would determine your fate.

If you didn't make it in the top ten, you disappeared. Nobody knows what happens to the Alphas and Omegas who fail. They were all packed up onto a bus and never heard from again. I guess the government thought they were too weak to return to society.

The worst part was that society decided who won the games. Yes, many rich Alphas had outside forces to help them change the polls, however desperate Alphas turned to desperate measures. Murder wasn't uncommon during the Banquet.