Cinderella!

Maraming Hearts

"Bruno, do you fantasize about me?"

My eyes widened after hearing Cindy's question. I picked her up from the university, we had an early dinner, we went to the mall to eat at her favorite ice cream chop and now that I am about to take her home, she asked me that. I slowly looked at her. I almost muttered a curse word when I saw the way she looked at me.

Cinderella and I have been engaged for six months. Gusto ko na siyang pakasalan dahil sigurado naman ako sa kanya pero nangako ako kay Judas Escalona, maghihintay ako hanggang makatapos ng graduate school si Cindy. I know how much she wanted this. Nakikita ko rin ang pagtatyaga niya sa pag-aaral. Madalas niya akong tawagan sa madaling araw, she'll tell me she can't sleep because she needs to study. I'll watch her from my phone as she reads or do whatever, she would smile at me and it'll give me peace and contentment. I know that she is the one for me.

Cindy was looking at me with her doe eyes widened with so much curiosity. Her pinkish, kissable and delicious lips were a bit parted. Her hair was a bit of a mess. She looked so dangerously innocent right now and I cannot – I don't think I can hold it anymore.

"Why do you ask that?" Nagkibit – balikat siya. "Did Judas tell you to ask me that?"

"Of course not. Diba sabi mo hindi naman dapat lahat sinasabi kay Daddy." She even bit her lower lip. "Ate Sam agrees with you. I mean, mas naiintindihan ko na iyon ngayon na may boyfriend na ako. But do you fantasize about me?"

"Why do you keep asking that?"

"Kasi narinig ko si Kuya Red at Eli, sabi ni Kuya Red kahit kasal na sila ni Ate Orang, naiisip niya pa rin raw si Ate in a sexy situation, Eli thinks of Belle like that too and I was sure once upon a time, Ate Sam thought of Bubut that way. Eh ikaw? Naiisip mo bang sexy ako?" She even blinked. Damn this woman, hindi niya alam kung gaano kadelikado ang pinapasok niya ngayon.

I'm a man. I have needs and I've been depriving myself for the longest time because I only want her and yet it's not the right time. I can wait longer – I am trying but right now, she's making it hard – literally and figuratively – hard for me.

"I think your intelligence is sexy." Pag-iiba ko ng usapan. Although totoo naman iyon.

"How about my body?"

"Cindy..." Ilang beses akong napalunok. "The most important thing is that I love you. Alright?" Ngumiti ako sa kanya. Muli ko siyang tiningnan pero nakasimangot na siya. She sighed and looked away. Umayos na siya sa pagkakaupo at hanggang sa makauwi kami sa kanila ay hindi na siya nagsalita. Hindi na nga niya hinintay na pagbuksan ko siya ng pinto ng sasakyan, basta na lang siyang bumaba at nagtuloy – tuloy sa loob. Sumunod naman ako sa kanya pero nagtuloy siya sa silid niya. Hindi ako pwede roon. Off limits ako, so I opted to just say goodbye to Tita Arielle and Judas Escalona.

I went home that night. I feel like I have offended her. Cinderella is smart, but she is too stubborn. Kapag may gusto siya at hindi niya iyon nakuha, sumasama talaga ang loob niya at palagay ko'y sumama talaga ang loob niya kanina.

"Why the long face?" Nagulat ako nang pumasok si Andromeda sa silid ko. She's always here in the house. She's always taking care of Avo and everyone of my brothers are thankful for her – lalo na ako. Ako kasi ang madalas makatampuhan ni Avo dahil na rin sa klase ng trabaho ko noon at kay Brandon.

"Cindy..."

"Ah, so nag-sex na kayo?"

"Hindi!"

"Ah, so tigang na tigang ka na?"

"Andy!"

"I am just stating facts. The last time she was here, I asked her that. I realized she was too young and innocent about these things and that I might snapped her a bit. I gave her a dildo by the way."