praise for 'how the words come'

"With 'how the words come', Catarine Hancock has found a way to make the painful purgatory between the hurting and the healing quite beautiful." - Alicia Cook, author of 'Stuff I've Been Feeling Lately' and 'I Hope My Voice Doesn't Skip'

"Catarine's poems are both graceful and striking. A brutally honest and frank collection that moves through pain, heartache, and love all while remaining true to her poetic voice." ~ Alison Malee, author of 'The Day is Ready for You'

"The words are poignant and the imagery is striking. Hancock's writing is eloquent and strong. If you have been loved, if you have been hurt, this collection will give you the strength to heal." ~ Shelby Leigh (@shelbysleigh on Instagram), author of 'It Starts Like This'

"Catarine works magic with words by transforming emotions and messages into a visualized reality. Her statements on social issues, trauma, and mental illness are raw, profound, and heartbreakingly accurate. By drawing from the root of what inspires writing, she is able to strike at the deepest broken pains within us, brew beauty from the ordinary, and empower through poetry." ~ Sasha Temerte (@ironandwords on Instagram)

"Catarine's poems are the poetic mirrors of reality, she knows how to create emotion between sentences, and she manages to have a stunning imagery without letting go of the real world. Behind every word, behind every metaphor, Catarine is always planting the truth under every new creation of her work. If you want to feel, to cry, to smile, to love – the poems by Catarine Hancock are something your heart is craving, I can assure you."~ Sallie Lundh (@poetic.litigation on Instagram), author of 'Dissection of an Eggshell Girl'

"Most poems in this book speak strongly to me on things I care about: the self, (body) abjection, (body) detachment, disorientation. Some poems remind me of a friend back in college, and long forgotten lover, a guy I met at a bar, and a girl I knew from my hometown. That's how great this book is. It's real. It speaks to you like an old friend. Catarine Hancock, in her unique way of storytelling, is all of us." ~ Maia, (@maiaruna__, @lecriturefeminine on Instagram), author of 'Letters to Sylvia

"These pages speak to me in many ways I never thought any book could. I relate to a lot of the poems that lay in between these pages. If you're struggling right now, or have struggled in the past and need something to relate to; this is the right book for you." ~ Rayne Tatyana (@raynes.poems on Instagram), author of 'Silenced Truth'