you didn't want to bother with the rough parts of me

when you broke up with me, you said it was because i was too difficult to deal with, that i was too complicated.

you said, "i just don't know how to love you anymore."

to that bullshit excuse, i say: what do you mean, you don't know how to love me anymore? where did the knowledge just stop processing? where did you draw a blank and just forget?

more importantly, how the hell, in your mind, do you justify the fact that you think you can learn how to love someone?

you don't learn how to love anybody. you just do. there isn't a method to it. you either feel it, or you don't.

i didn't sit down and study books on how to love you, i just did... i just do.

and that hurts the most, because you made it seem like i was somebody you had to learn how to deal with, like it was a chore, or some sort of assignment for you.

yeah, okay, maybe you had to figure me out. you had to figure out what made me laugh, what made me angry, all of the basics to a relationship. how i ticked, how i worked. but that isn't learning how to love me, that's just learning about me.

so, no, i don't think you know what love is, because if you did, you'd know that it's not something you can just read instructions on. when people change, as they do, there isn't a new "how-to-love-them" guide that comes in the mail.

you just love them, because that's what your heart tells you to do.

so, it pains me to come to the realization that, maybe, because you "just don't know how to love me anymore," you never did. because i was too hard for you. too many jagged edges and sharp points. i was too much to handle.

but i'm not.       

i am not too much to handle, you just weren'tstrong enough.