The Life From Hell

The life of Draco Malfoy could be described as nothing but tragic and devastating. Draco had been born to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. They were a loving and happy family despite Lucius' drinking habit and temper. They were financially stable and both loved their family very much. However that all changed when Narcissa died after a hit and run which Draco witnessed when he was only two. Ever since, something had changed in Lucius. He would drink more and his temper increased. He was soon taking his anger out on young Draco. He received slaps and kicks. He would be shouted at and beaten at the smallest things - even being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Years had passed since Narcissa's death and Draco was 8 years old. His abuse from his father had still not changed;in fact it got worse. Lucius would beat Draco on his back with his belt and cut his waist with a knife. But soon things got worse... His father would sometimes come into his room late at night, stinking of cigarette smoke and alcohol. Draco would just lay there terrified while his father did those awful things. As he got older Draco began to realise what was happening to him. He was starved, beaten, and sexually abused. All by the person who was supposed to love him the most.

One night, when Draco was 11, he was hungry - he hadn't eaten in 3 days - so he snuck downstairs to just grab an apple. His father was passed out on the sofa, so Draco thought it would be more than easy.... But Lucius caught him and the punishment was worse than he'd ever experienced. His father beat him until he was unconscious and locked him in the basement. It could easily be -5° in there and Lucius would rape Draco in the freezing cold darkness. Draco was locked in there for 11 days and soon he caught pneumonia. Eventually he was too weak to stay awake and soon slipped out of consciousness. Lucius found the boy and had enough heart to take him to the hospital. It was almost midnight and so he just left his only son on one of the chairs in the waiting room before leaving and never returning.

Draco woke up 3 weeks later in a hospital bed, and although he was practically, physically healthy, he still suffered from the most petrifying nightmares and would wake up screaming. Almost as soon as he was released from hospital, he was sent to live with a foster family. Ms Baileys was plump, smiley, and comforting. In a few weeks Draco began to see her as a mother figure and her 16 year old daughter, Amelia, as a sister. Amelia was often sad, but being around her sweet foster brother would make her feel a little better. One day, Draco found Amelia slicing her arms with a knife in her room while tears slipped down her cheeks.
           "What are you doing?" Draco asked
"Draco?!" Amelia gasped, twisting round to see him stood silently in the doorway, "I - um...."
"Why are you crying? Do you want me to get a plaster?"
She laughed a little, smiling at his innocence and sweetness, "No, Draco, I'm fine."
Draco moved towards her and wrapped her in a hug, "Why are you cutting yourself?"
"To make myself feel better."
"Does it?" still hugging her.
She thought a minute before answering, "Yes... Yeah it does. But don't tell Mum, she won't understand... No adults ever understand - that's why they can never know."
"Okay, I won't say anything" Draco replied, as his sister smiled and wrapped her 11 year old brother in a hug.
              Almost a year later, the 12 year old boy desperately needed a charger for his laptop before his 3 page essay was deleted. He banged on Amelia's door as Ms Baileys was out at work.
"Amelia! Amelia, are you in there?" but all that met his yelling was silence. He knocked for another 5 minutes, wondering if perhaps his sister had snuck out her window and gone to see her boyfriend... Even though they'd broken up a week ago.... Soon he got fed up of waiting and opened the door. His blood ran cold and his heart could have stopped. There, lying on the floor was Amelia, her chest soaked in blood and a knife in her eyes.
"AMELIA!" He screamed, hoping, praying this was some awful nightmare. He ran to his sister and shook her, calling her name as tears ran down his face. Her light in her eyes was fading and her breaths were hollow and cut off.
"Amelia, please, no.... You can't die, I won't let you."
"Dr - a - co......"Amelia tried to say.
"Amie, why?!" Draco choked, unable to stop the tears.
"Wanted... To be.... Ha - ppy..... I'm.... So - rry" she breathed, before her eyes rolled back and her breathing stopped, her body falling limp in her brother's arms.
"Amelia?! No.... NO!" He screamed and screamed. His tears fell onto his sister's lifeless body. He noticed two notes on her bed, one to Ms Baileys, and one to him. He picked it up and began to read...

To Draco,
I'm so sorry about what I've done, I never wanted to hurt you. But I've come to learn people only let you down. You were possibly the only one who didn't.
I've come to realise that I've been depressed for awhile, maybe nearly two years. Then Matthew cheating on me for 3 months and leaving me to be with her was the last straw. Thank you for not telling Mum about what I was doing to myself.
Even though you're not related to me by blood, I have always thought of you as a brother, and a best friend at the same time.
I love you, Draco
Amelia
❤️

The next few days weeks went by in a blur. Ms Baileys was distraught when she came home to find her daughter, dead in her son's arms. The funeral was heart-breaking. Ms Baileys blamed herself for not realising that her daughter had been depressed for two years. She found she couldn't look after Draco, too broken by what had happened. While Ms Baileys sank into a deep depression, Draco would walk around, numb to the world. Perhaps if he'd told about Amelia's self-harm he could have saved her, although once he realised what she was actually doing Amelia had assured him she'd stopped. Ms Baileys found that she needed a fresh start and emigrated to America. Draco, however had to stay in England. She left him £1000 and a laptop. There were tears as they said goodbye and a few hours later Draco was sent to a children's home. He didn't want a new family, so if someone came he would always refuse. He isolated himself and yet he was still bullied constantly. He was tormented at school and at the Home. They called him fat-ass and lumpy, even though he only weighed 116lbs. He was already used to not eating from being starved as a child, and he was numb to hunger from grief. Soon he developed anorexia but didn't address it, too numb to feel anything. He hated everyone, and was constantly haunted by his past. He could remember what Amelia had told him
         "To make myself feel better...... Yes... Yeah, it does"
He stole a penknife from one of the older boys and since then he's been self-harming to try and block out the pain of his awful past.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Hi, this is my first fanfic, so please tell me what you think - but don't be mean. I'm sorry if anything in here's not accurate cause nothing's  from experience.