Too Good To Last

It had been a month and a half since Harry and Draco began dating. They had kept it a secret for a couple of weeks, but eventually they started telling people. Harry would joke that half the girls in their year were heartbroken when Draco came out as gay. Astoria Greengrass had to be sent to the nurse because she was hyperventilating from the shock and her crying.

Overall, the were accepted and were very happy. Harry begged Draco to stop cutting, and he did.... Or at least, Draco made sure Harry thought he had. To begin with, Harry had checked Draco's arms every day for new cuts. What Harry didn't know, was that Draco cut his chest and stomach as well - not just his arms.
Harry didn't understand that Draco couldn't just stop, he needed to ease himself into it. But that wasn't easy when he was getting bullied everyday. And Jason had only gotten even more cruel since the car incident.

Obviously, Draco hadn't told anyone at the Home about his sexuality - it was already bad enough without them knowing he was gay. He was in his room one day just flicking through some goofy selfies he'd taken with Harry, when his door burst open and Jason and his cronies burst in. Annoyed, he turned off his phone and walked up to the smirking mob.
"What do you want, Jason?"
"To mess with you, duh!" the bully jeered.
"Ugh, seriously? You know, the last time you messed with me, you ended up being hit by a car." Draco shot back, and felt a surge of satisfaction as he saw the smirk turn into a scowl. That all ended, however, when Jason punched him hard in the stomach.

Draco cried out, the pain scorching through his body. Being punched in the stomach is bad enough, but when you can feel the fist hit your bones and 3 of your cuts reopen it felt like absolute agony. He fell to the ground crying out in pain as Ricky, one of Jason's mates punched him again. He gasped in agony as he felt more and more of his cuts open as he was punched again and again. He was hyperventilating. Images of his abuse from his father flashed through his mind, making scared tears fall down his face - which earned him even more jeers and kicks. After what seemed like an eternity they finally left him alone, but the jeers seemed to be etched in his brain.
Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat.
No. He couldn't think like that. He was getting better. He'd even managed to eat some galaxy chocolate last week. But the words were still burned into his brain.
Fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
It was a Tuesday, and Draco and Harry were sat in the canteen eating lunch. Once Draco had finished eating he excused himself and went to the bathroom. He went to the one on the 3rd floor so he knew he'd be alone. He then crouched down over a toilet, and stuck 3 fingers down his throat and threw-up the lunch he'd just eaten. Once he was completely empty, he sat against the wall and buried his head in his hands. He'd been doing this for 4 weeks and no one suspected anything. However it had taken its toll on his body. He had lost more weight than ever, you could see almost every bone in his body, and his skin had a greyish tone to it. Harry was beginning to ask questions, but he would just tell him that he wasn't getting much sleep or some kind of bug.

A few days later, it was 4:05am and Draco was lying on his bed. He felt awful. It was almost like he had no energy and could throw-up anything. He felt like an invisible hand was choking him;he could barely breathe. He pressed himself up, and it took all his effort not to collapse back down. Everything seemed to be spinning. He needed help. Someone to help him. He knew something wasn't right. He needed to go to the hospital. He took a few steps across his room, making his way to his door, when the room began to spin rapidly. He gasped for breath - before his body gave up and he fell down into darkness....