The First Day //part 2

Draco's P. O. V
Draco made his way to his form room, Slytherin banners hanging on the back walls. Professor Snape was the Head of Slytherin House, but he was only in year 10 Slytherin on Thursday. Today he'd have some substitute. The sat down in his usual desk in the back corner of the room and wondered when his friends would arrive. Despite only arriving last year, Draco already had a bunch of friends in Slytherin. His best friends were Pansy and Blaise, of course, but he also had other friends. There were Crabbe and Goyle - their first names were Vincent and Greg, but they just didn't suit them, so everyone called them by their last names. Then there was Theo Nott, but he didn't really hang out with him because he was always with his girlfriend, Daphne Greengrass. He was also kind of friends with Daphne's younger sister, Astoria, who was in the year below them.
        He'd made friends with Pansy and Blaise when Draco had been assigned a project with them. They all figured out they had a lot in common, and soon became best friends. Draco had eventually told them that he lived in a children's home - but refused to tell them about his past.

The door opened and Theo walked in, smiling at Draco and walked over.
       "Hey, Draco."
"Hey, Theo, had a good summer? You went to Sydney, didn't you?"
"Yeah, it was cool, there was this awesome lightning storm one night. It looked amazing.".    Draco laughed at this, knowing how much Theo was fascinated with weather and natural disasters.
"So what did you do in the summer, Draco?"
"Not a lot, really, I mean I hung out with you guys a lot."
They continued their small talk until Daphne and Pansy came in. Theo went over to greet his girlfriend while Pansy made her way towards Draco.
"Hiya, Dray. Sucks to be back in this shit-hole, doesn't it?"
"Yeah, it's crap. I've already had a run-in with Potter."
"Ugh that bastard. Why everyone likes him I'll never know."
They continued to talk, and eventually everyone of his friends were there. Finally the bell went and form begun.

Draco's first class was Chemistry, which happened to be with Professor Snape. Then they had double English, and after lunch they had History and Maths. Chemistry (much to Draco's annoyance) was shared with the Griffindors, meaning Potter, Weasley, and Granger.

Harry's P. O. V
After Draco left in the corridor, Harry made his way to the Griffindor year 10 form room. When he arrived he saw one of his best friends, Hermione, sitting there reading a book.
"Hey, 'Mione," Harry smiled and sat next to his friend.
"Oh hi, Harry!" She smiled at him and put the book to one side.
"So," she continued, "are you going to ask out Malfoy this year?"
"Come on, Mione, he hates me!"
"He doesn't hate you, he just dislikes you. I'm sure if you started talking to him more, he'd grow to like you."
"Not in the way I want...."
"So you're just going to give up? Harry you might not have that long to tell him how you feel!"
"What do you mean?"
"Harry, Malfoy has half of our year crushing on him. Last year 5 people asked him out. Yes, he rejected them, but what if one time he doesn't? Then you've lost him. You probably won't see him again after 2 years when we leave school."
"I know, I know... I just don't want to mess it up... I think I.... Love him"
"Oh, Harry...." Hermione sighed sympathetically, "but wouldn't you rather ask him out and have a 50% chance he'll say yes, or never ask him out and have a 0% chance he says yes."

Draco's P. O. V
Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Daphne, Crabbe, Goyle, and I all walked into chemistry where Snape was already waiting.
"Sit in the assigned seats on the board" he commanded to the class. Draco scowled when he saw he was paired with Potter of all people. He slumped down in his seat and waited for Potter to arrive. When Potter did arrive, his reaction to finding he'd be sat by Draco wasn't what he expected:he looked... Happy?! Sitting next to Draco, he spoke, "Hey Dr- Malfoy...."
"Why is he happy?" Draco thought to himself, "Whatever.... Probably just wants to annoy me."
They sat in silence for the rest of the lesson, and eventually the bell went for break. All of Draco's friends went to the canteen to get a snack, but Draco just went straight to his English class. He sat there just waiting for the lesson to start so he wouldn't be sat alone like a loser. Then, Potter walked in and sat next to him.
         "Hey."
"What is it Potter.... I thought I told you to leave me alone."
"Well... I can't really do that if I'm sat next to you in classes."
One class Potter. One. "
" Look, all I'm saying is - ".   Just at that moment the bell rang and Professer Flitwick walked into the room.
" Good Morning, boys. "
" Good morning Professor."
"Hmm." Draco answered.

Eventually classes finished and Draco packed up from his maths lesson with McGonagall and prepared to go home. Just as he was about to leave, he heard someone calling his name.
"Draco! DRACO!"
He turned around and saw Harry Potter running towards him, gasping for breath when he saw reached him.
"What is it Potter, I've already got chemistry and a project in English with you. I just want to go home."
"Well do you have to go straight home?"
"What do you mean?"
"Do you wanna go and get a slushie with me? I wanna talk to you about something."
"Ugh.... Alright, you have until 5."