The First Day //part 1

Draco bolted up from his sleep gasping from his nightmare. Well, if it was a nightmare. It was his memory - when he was in the basement while his Dad raped him. He closed his eyes and allowed his heart-rate to slow down. Draco waited for the dizziness to pass before turning on his light. He would always get dizzy when he had a nightmare as he was so weak it was almost like his body couldn't handle it.

Draco glanced at his clock and saw it was 3:25am. Sighing, he looked around his room. He was thankful that you got your own room. His room however had a slated room going horizontally across his room, with about 5 or 6 metres of flat room. There was a window at the opposite side of the room to his bed, which overlooked the garden of the Home. He had one chest of draws on the side of the slanted roof, which was mainly taken up with his school uniform as his out-of-school clothes were mainly t-shirts, hoodies, and jeans. He had a small table with 3 vertical draws for his underwear and socks, and finally a cupboard where he kept his locked chest for his important items (cause if he didn't want them stolen he had to lock them away), some books, and backpacks. At the other side of the room he had a desk which was scattered with papers filled with doodles and his earphones. His bed was put up against the wall in the corner. His covers were a comfortable black and beside it he had a bedside table with an emerald bedside lamp and his clock. Again, these had vertical draws which were filled with useless items he never used.

Draco managed to pass the time by reading a book, and at 5:10 he gave in and went to take a shower. Before entering, he glanced at himself in the mirror. Every cut on his arms, stomach, and chest stuck out against his pale skin. Then his mind wandered to his weight. He could see every one of his ribs - and yet he still felt fat. Besides, why would all the other kids call him fat-ass if he was skinny? At least 30 kids (from the Home and surrounding neighbourhood) couldn't all be lying or wrong. He was fat.

By the time he'd showered, dried off, and put a towel around himself it was almost 6 o'clock. Rolling his eyes at nothing, he changed into his school uniform as today was the first day of year 10. He'd joined the school last year when he first moved here. He remembered not talking to anyone for weeks and not eating. He'd made friends with Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini who were also in Slytherin house. They were good friends - but they didn't know about his eating habits and self-harm. They knew that he'd lived in care since he was 11, he told them his dad couldn't look after him anymore, that he had a foster family for a couple of years but they couldn't look after him either. Draco didn't go into details - he self-harmed because of the pain - talking about it would only make things worse.

Draco made sure that he'd packed his books, phone, bandages, and penknife. He made sure that his grey jumper and white shirt covered his arms and left the Home even though it was only ten past 7. As he reached the bottom of the stairs, one of the Home workers, Jane, called him,
          "Draco, where are you going?"
Draco froze and silently cursed before turning to answer Jane, "Oh, Erm.... I'm going to meet Pansy and Blaise so we can catch up before school starts."
"Well... Don't you want any breakfast first?"
I looked at the bacon oozing fat into the frying pan and the sizzling eggs bubbling with oil. It made me want to gag.
"Well.... We were thinking of going to, erm... Greg's! Yeah, we're going to Greg's before school starts so I'll get something there."
Finally satisfied with his answers he managed to escape. Only of course he wasn't going to meet Pansy and Blaise, and he DEFINITELY wasn't going to Greg's. He would just hang around the park until 8 and then make his way to his school to see his crappy classmates. He wondered if he should maybe grab an apple from the corner shop, but decided against it.
"But I haven't eaten for 3 days - and even before that it was only like an apple or something..." he thought to himself. But he was so desperate to lose weight. He remembered his Dad, and how he would weigh him every week and if he'd gained the slightest bit of weight he would be beaten.
" You can't fight back, you pathetic rat, you're so fat and disgusting you can't fight back." he spat, while Draco would sit terrified in a corner.

Draco shook himself out of his memories and walked to the park. He sat on a bench and continued reading a book, wishing he had the life of a demi-god. Sure it would suck to have a bunch of mother-fucking monsters chasing you, but it would be better than his life. He could train and train so he wouldn't be taking his pain out on himself. He would make friends and not have to hide behind a mask as much. At about quarter to 8 he began walking to school:even though form didn't start until 8:45, Hogwarts was a mile from the park so it was like a half hour walk.

Draco arrived at school at 8:25, but when he walked to his locker to dump his hoodie in, he came face to face with the bastard who could single-handedly ruin his day. Harry-fucking-Potter. Great, just great. Classes haven't even started and he has to deal with this bastard.
"Malfoy..." The raven haired boy spoke, glaring slightly.
Draco rolled in eyes and groaned. "Listen Potter, I'm not in the mood for your bull-shit this year so why don't you just fuck off and leave me alone." then he slammed his locker shut and left leaving Harry looking stunned in the corridor.

Harry's P. O. V
Harry sighed and leaned his head against his locker door. Ugh, why couldn't he like someone else? Why did he have to like...him? Harry sighed, ever since he came here last year he'd had a fascination with him. He looked so perfect. He loved the way his light-blonde hair fell down in a side fringe of his right, and slightly brushed his silver-grey eyes. His smooth fair/pale skin.... He loved everything about him really. Harry had realised that he had a crush on him at the Christmas party. The night was a bit of a fail for him and his best friend, Ron, so Harry just watched his classmates. He seemed to be watching Draco the most, and he felt upset - possibly even jealous seeing Draco smiling and dancing with Pansy Parkinson, and Daphne and Astoria Greengrass. He knew that he liked Draco, but how the hell was he meant to approach him? The annoyance in his voice just now must show that Draco disliked him. Besides, he was pretty sure that Draco was straight...... So he really didn't have a chance.