SURPRISE!!!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone who has read this story and the series. I honestly didn't ever expect it to get such a good response, yet I have over 6000 reads, 252 votes, and 77 comments. So, to celebrate, I've decided to do a one-shot following Draco and Harry's relationship, but has nothing to do with the series. So just a huge thank you, and I hope you enjoy this one shot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                         Warmth in the cold

It was late November, and the snow had already began to fall. Thick, white blankets covered the ground - each footprint visible. Smiling, pink-cheeked children ran around laughing, not even caring about the cold. Some made snowmen, while others charged around the snow covered lawns of Hollow Park engaging in ferocious snowball fights. A young boy - not a day over 15 - smiled slightly as he watched this, his silver-grey eyes taking in every detail. He crossed his arms over his chest in an attempt to keep himself warm in the icy air, wishing he had his scarf. He brushed a few strands of fluffy blonde hair out of his eyes and gently pulled some snowflakes out of his locks.

He grinned slightly as a second, slightly taller boy walked towards him, carrying two steaming cups of hot chocolate in his hands. This boy had taken the precautions of winter, wearing a jumper, coat, a scarf, and a hat which was a failing attempt at keeping his messy black hair at bay. The taller boy handed the other his drink, and they both leaned against the wall of The Three Broomsticks coffee shop watching the children.

"You okay? You seem agitated." the dark haired boy stated while the other boy glared. Yes, he was agitated. Why? Because he was freezing and pissed off at himself for not being prepared for the harsh winters of Hogsmeade.

"The steam must be blocking your vision, Potter. I'm perfectly fine." The blonde snapped while the other laughed, wiping his circular glasses of steam, formed by the warmth in the coffee shop.

"Draco, come on." the boy said wrapping an arm around the other. "Just enjoy the winter and your hot chocolate."

"How can I possibly enjoy the winter when I'm fucking freezing, Harry?! I don't remember it being this bad last year."

"Aww, is little Drakie cold?" Harry teased.

"Fuck off."

"Hey, cheer up." Harry then pulled off his scarf and wrapped it around Draco's neck before kissing him gently on the nose. "Better?"

"I guess.... Sorry for snapping."

"Don't worry about it, Hogsmeade winters are pretty awful if you don't come prepared."

"Yeah..."

The boys fell into silence, before Draco leaned into Harry's arms as Harry kissed his forehead.

"Love you, Dray."

"I love you too, Harry."

They stood there in each others arms as a fresh wave of snow fell from the cool grey clouds. Harry seemed deep in thought as Draco watched the children playing, wishing he'd had a childhood like that.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked, turning to look at his boyfriend.

"Nothing...."

"That's as big of a lie than when you say you're fine. Come on, Dray. What's wrong?"

Draco sighed and turned his head away. "I just.... I just wish I had a childhood like that...."

"Dray...." his boyfriend whispered and wrapped him in a hug. He wished he could do something to help him, when the idea suddenly popped into his head. He grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him along with him.

"Ha - Harry, where are we going?!"

"You'll see!"

They ran through the park, weaving through trees until they stopped as they saw an ice-rink which had been installed for the wintery weather.

"Harry, no"

"Come on, Dray!" Harry took Draco's hands in his, emerald meeting grey eyes. "I know you didn't have much of a childhood, so here's a chance to actually... I don't know, get a taste of it."

"We're 14."

"So? That only means you're 14 years due a bit of fun in the snow. And you deserve that more than anything."

Draco sighed, but Harry's eyes were so bright, so kind, he didn't want to let him down. Besides.... It did look fun.

"Alright...." Harry's face lit up with delight and dragged Draco off to the skate kiosk. Harry insisted on paying for the both of them, and soon enough they were stepping onto the rink. Harry glided on, while Draco wobbled a bit, but quickly recovered his balance. The couple smiled at each other, and taking each others hand, they glided along, easily avoiding those who were falling down and slipping.

After 20 minutes of ice-skating, Draco felt like he'd never had so much fun in his life. They brought another hot chocolate each and sat on a nearby bench. Harry held Draco's hand, and they locked eye-contact. Harry brushed Draco's hair out of his face and they both found themselves leaning in. Despite the freezing temperatures, Draco found himself filled with warmth in Harry's kiss.

"I think I might like Hogsmeade winters a bit more..." Draco whispered, their lips centimetres apart.

"I'm glad to hear it." Harry replied with a smirk, and they captured each others lips once more.

                                                                                  ❤️
                                                                                  💚