New Friends

Harry and Draco walked down the road in silence, slushies in hand, neither of them knowing what to say. But it seemed they were both comfortable with the quiet, autumn evening.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Draco asked, unsure what else to say.
"Well.... I was wondering if you maybe wanted to start over..."
"Start over?"
"Yeah, as friends.... Maybe..."
"Well...." he laughed nervously, "I'm not really sure what to say"
"Yeah.... I kinda just sprung it on you didn't I."
"Yeah, you did."
"I know right? I just randomly asked you to get a slushie with me."
"Yup."
The pair laughed a little, each surprised that they were having a normal conversation, and not an argument. They soon reached a park and walked down the pebble path, admiring the flowers on the side.

Harry had no idea what to do. Hermione had told him to ask him to get a slushie or something and ask him out. Instead, Harry had asked him to be his friend - which he still hadn't agreed to. He could still remember their first meeting....

*flashback*
It was the last lesson of the day, and Draco had been at the school a week. The lesson was P. E, and it was shared with the Griffindors. Their teacher, Madam Hooch had told them to split into teams for a game of football. Of course, one team was Griffindor and the other Slytherin.

Draco was actually quite good at football, despite never playing it with the other kids at the Home - he always got knocked and pushed down, normally a few kicks as well. But here he knew he wouldn't, at least not severely.

Draco had heard of Harry but never actually talked to him. Apparently he was a bit of a jerk, and didn't like people standing up to him. This was probably because his family was wealthy and his parents were successful, so Harry was quite spoiled.

The game started, and towards the end the Slytherins were winning, much to Harry's annoyance. Draco had the ball and was moving up the pitch to shoot. He would have most likely scored, if Harry hadn't barged him out the way and taken the ball for himself. Draco immediately realised that his cuts of his arms had opened, on each arm. Draco panicked at this - which probably caused him to lash out a bit, plus he was still grieving for Amelia. He was already the newbie. Now because of that arrogant twat he could become the crazy newbie who self-harmed!

"What the hell, Potter?!" Pansy yelled, she already didn't like him, but now he had hurt her friend and been unfair, "are you okay Draco?"
"Yeah I'm fine," he replied, getting himself off the ground and praying the blood wouldn't show.
"So no hard feeling, eh Malfoy?" Potter said, a slight smirk forming on his lips. This annoyed Draco a lot...
"What? Do you think it's funny to push someone over?"
"I'm winning the game, that's all."
"Or maybe a self-absorbed prick like you can't stand to be a loser." Draco shot back at him.
"What did you call me...?" Harry snarled back.
"What are you deaf as well as a loser? I called you a self-absorbed prick. Guess money can't buy everything, can it?"
Harry's anger was bubbling over, while the class just watched in awe. No one had ever stood up to Harry like this before. Harry noticed how they were supporting Draco, even Ron and Hermione looked amused. Furious, Harry punched Draco in the face.... Just as Madam Hooch returned from her errand.
"Potter! What gives you the right to attack another student?!"
"He did it twice, Miss, the pushed Draco over during the game as well." Blaise added, trying to hide the smirk on his lips, everyone knew Harry would be in big trouble.
"Potter, Detention, every lunchtime for a month! Malfoy, will you be alright?"
"Yes, Miss."
"Alright, go and get changed everyone, Potter I'll see you tomorrow at 1pm."
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Ever since then, Draco and Harry were enemies, that was, until around January when Harry's behaviour altered. He realised that he liked Draco, and when he told his friends, they said if he wanted any chance of being with Draco, he'd have to change his behaviour. But the damage had been done....until now....
*end of flashback*

"I'm sorry for pushing you over, and then punching you..." Harry whispered.
"You... You are?"
"Yeah... Back then, I was a self-absorbed prick."
"You know, I wasn't exactly innocent.... I'd been through some shit recently and I guess I just lashed out....."
"I'm sorry, I didn't know... Guess I was used to getting my way...."
"I wish I could say it was relatable."
"Yeah.....but I am sorry, i realised how wrong my behaviour was and I've changed, I swear!"
"You know what.... I believe you.... So yeah..."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah.... I will be your friend."