compliments | night eleven.

❛ compliments | night eleven ༉‧₊˚✧

────────────────────────

"so you enjoy my company."

"this is why i dont say shit."

"oh c'mon, katsuki!" you whined again, "lemme just hear you say it again!"

"why the fuck would i do that?" bakugou groaned, shuffling the cards furiously. "i say one thing and you're acting like it's the best thing ive ever spoken."

you huffed and sat up, then tore the cards from bakugou's hands with a shrug. "you don't give compliments, katsuki." you said to the boy who gave you a deadly glare. "so it's only reasonable that i would be so shocked and worked up about it."

"should i just give you a compliment every damn second of the night, then?" bakugou rolled his eyes and picked up the seven cards you dealt for him.

"it would be appreciated," you joked, tossing a wink over at him. "i could give more than a thousand just for you alone."

"tch. yeah, fucking right."

you chuckled lightly and flipped a card over to start the game; a red 9.
you put down a red 5 and looked up at bakugou. "your eyes are a prettier red than these cards have to offer."

bakugou frowned and gritted is teeth, "shut up." he said, looking at his cards. he put down a red 7 and looked away from you, shifting in his spot, uncomfortably. "you're funny on occasions... other times you fucking sound like youre losing your god damned mind."

"...awh! katsuki!"

"shut up."

"just a small note: im always losing my mind."

"fucking christ," the ash blond rolled his eyes as he started to feel the regret of even uttering something remotely positive about you. even if it was a backhand compliment.

you laughed at his reaction and went back to the game and put down a red 6, following it up with a yellow 6, leaving you with four cards. "your abilities and talents are amazing-"

"i know," bakugou grunted before you could finish.

you waved him off and continued, "and at this current moment in time, i believe you are the strongest of class 1-a."

bakugou stared at his cards, but mumbled a small, "whatever." and moved them to cover his face more.

"katsuki, are you trying to hide a blush!" you squealed, hopping up.

"shut the fuck up, idiot!" he barked, moving back, "im not hiding a damn thing!"

"hehehe,"

bakugou put down a yellow 8, keeping his gaze away from your eyes, "you underestimate yourself too damn much and its pathetic. just get some shitty confidence from somewhere and stop whining. then you'll be one of the strongest too or whatever, i dont fucking care."

"awh... who knew such an edgy, angsty pomeranian like you had such a big heart?"

"wait- what the fuck did you just call me?!"

---