6

Logan:

I wake up to Remus gently shaking me, "Hey," he says gently, "you hungry?" He holds up a bowl.

I shrug, reaching for my glasses, "Not," I'm interrupted by a coughing fit, "Really, but I should probably eat something."

Remus nods, "Yeah," he helps me arrange my pillows so that I can sit up.

     I glance at the bowl worriedly, "Is that the soup you made?" I ask, my throat feels like an open wound.

     He shakes his head, "Patton brought it up for you."

     I exhale in relief, Patton makes exquisite soup, "There's no need to look so relieved," he laughs.

"Apologies," I say, "You're just not as skilled in the kitchen as Patton."

"I know, he brought me this amazing sandwich earlier," he passes me the soup.

Steam curls up, misting my glasses. I wish my nose wasn't so clogged so I could smell it.

Remus spins around in my desk chair while I eat, "You're gonna make yourself sick," I inform him.

     He stops, "Can't do that, who'd take care of you then?"

     I shake my head at him, before returning my attention to the bowl of soup in my lap.

He stumbles back onto the edge of the bed, he runs his hand up and down my calf, "Are you feeling any better, baby?"

I nod, "A little," he looks at me skeptically, the way my voice sounds probably makes me seem like a liar, "The way my throat feels isn't great," I admit, "But I still feel better than I did."

     "Good," he continues to run his hand up and down my calf.

     I start to feel full, I place the bowl on the nightstand, still half full.

     Remus examines the bowl, "Is that all you're gonna eat?"

     "I'm not hungry," I say dismissively, "I might eat something else later."

     He nods, "Okay."

     I swing my feet off the bed, "Hey, woah," Remus rushes over to stop me, "What are you doing?"

     "I have to use the restroom," I reply.

     "Okay," he backs up a little, when I'm fully standing he ask, "Do you feel dizzy?"

     I shake my head, "I think I'm alright."

"Okay..."

I can feel his eyes on me the entire time I'm walking, when I leave the bathroom he's still watching me, I watch him relax when I get back into bed.

"Remus," I say reaching for his hand, "I'm fine, there's no need to worry."

He shakes his head, "What if you fall again?"

I shake my head, "I'd be fine. We have carpeted floors. The chances of me getting seriously injured from a fall are very slim."

"I can't help but worry, Logie. I just don't want anything to happen to you," he leans over and kisses me on the forehead, resting his hand on my cheek.

I lean into his hand, enjoying the warmth of his touch.

"I love you."

I open my eyes quickly, a smile forms on my face, Remus had never said that to me before, "I love you." I say back to him.

He gives me a wide grin, "I know you're gonna give me the speech about spreading pathogens, or whatever, but I just can't help myself." He leans over and kisses me on the lips, I reach up and run my hand through his hair, he cups the back of my neck.

We break away, gasping for air, "I love you," he giggles as he kisses my nose.

I pull him fully onto the bed, wrapping my arms around him, "I love you." I whisper into his ear.

Patton:
     When the movie is over we start another one, I don't pay that much attention to what they pick. I just snuggle closer to Dee, smiling at Virgil and Roman who have moved to share the big blanket with us, it feels nice to be close to them.

     I feel Dee's hand on my back, rubbing circles. I hum as I kiss his collarbone. He smiles down at me. The movie finally starts and I realize we're watching Brave.

Roman gets up and comes back with a big bag of popcorn, I sit up to grab a handful.

     "Do you want any?" I ask Dee.

     He shakes his head, I smile and lean back into him, my attention returned to the movie. This is just what I needed today.