7

Roman:
     Virgil and I get up and attempt to make dinner, it takes us a little while to convince Patton to let us. We kept insisting that he deserved a break after all he's done for us lately. It ended with a big smile on his face as he thanked us and curled back up with Deceit.

     While we're in the kitchen Virgil voices his concerns, "Logan really hurt Patton's feelings this morning, and now he feels like he's useless and not wanted."

"I could tell something was up, I just didn't know what," I sigh, "I hate that he ever thinks this, we really would be lost without him and he just doesn't see that..."

     Virgil nods, "All we can do is make him feel loved and hope he realizes that he means so much to us."

     "Yeah," I pause, "Maybe burning dinner isn't the best way to do that though." I rush over and stir the pasta.

He laughs, "Yeah," he pauses, "It's good that Dee's here to help, he always makes Patton feel better."

     I chuckle, "Yeah, I'm glad they're happy."

     Virgil comes up behind me while I stir the pasta, he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head against my back.

     "Are you not gonna help?" I ask teasingly.

     He groans, "Just a minute, you're so warm." He tightens his hold on my waist.

     "Are you cold?" I ask.

     "Mm...a little," he mumbles against my back.

     I stop stirring and turn to wrap my arms around him, "C'mere," I pull him close, running my hand up the back of his shirt, rubbing small circles on his back. His skin feels icy, I frown, "You really are cold."

     He hums in agreement, burying his face in my chest.

We stay there for a moment, me desperately trying to warm up his skin and Virgil slowly relaxing into my touch. Suddenly he pulls away and coughs into his elbow rather violently.

"Uh-oh," I say.

"What?" He asks after he's stopped coughing.

"Come here let me feel your forehead."

"Why?" he pulls away from my hand.

"Vee," I groan, "Come here."

"No, everything's fine."

I shake my head, "You're sick aren't you."

He shrugs, "I don't know...maybe?"

I sigh, "Please, let me check your temperature."

     He frowns but comes back over to me, I place my palm against his forehead. He feels noticeably warm.

     I gently place my lips to his forehead, "Feels like a fever. Can you go lay down for a bit? I'll be up in a minute with a thermometer and I'll bring dinner up."

     He shakes his head, "I was supposed to help," he pouts slightly.

     "If you're sick you shouldn't be around the food, please go lay down for me?"

     He huffs, "Fine." He heads out of the kitchen.

Virgil:
I walk through the living room on my way upstairs, Patton stops me on my way up.

"Where are ya goin, kiddo?" He says sitting up.

"Um...upstairs...Roman doesn't want me around the food," I mumble the last bit.

"Why?" Patton asks, his voice laced with concern.

     "Um..." I search for some excuse but I can't find one, "I have a small cough, that's all." I attempt to downplay it as much as possible.

     "Awww, kiddo," he stands up, untangling himself from Deceit, and rushes over to me, he places a hand to my forehead, "You do feel a bit warm."

     "It's not a big deal, Pat. I'm heading up to bed," I take his hand from my forehead.

     He frowns, "How about I get the heated blanket out? And I'll check your temperature with the thermometer."

     I realize that Patton's attempting to take care of me, I scream internally as I realize I'm gonna have to let him, "Yeah, sure. Thanks, Popstar."

     He beams at me, "Of course, Virgil. Now you go lay down, I'll be up in a sec."

     I nod, "I'm gonna lay down in Roman's room, okay?"

     He nods, "Okay."

     I resign myself to my fate as I head upstairs, anything to make Patton happy.