12

Deceit:

Patton's still asleep when I wake up, his soft snores fill the room. He's pretty much got his entire body covering my own so I can't get up, but that's not really a problem. I close my eyes and revel in the warmth that the body of the smaller man provides me.

     He starts mumbling and I have to stifle a giggle at the wave of nonsense spewing from his unconscious mouth.

     "Don't let...the rabbits...make any...fruit..."

     "Okay," I say with a smile, "I won't."

     Patton sighs, "Thank you..."

    I giggle, It's not the first time I've heard Patton sleep talk. But it never really gets old to me.

    Suddenly he grabs a fistful of my shirt, the action startles me.

    "Don't...leave...please..."

     I freeze, this one isn't lightly said like the other, not a simple request. A desperate plea. He's still clutching my shirt like it's a lifeline. I gently reach up and pat his back.

     "I won't, I won't leave."

    He relaxes back into a normal state, "Thanks...love you...DeeDee."

    That makes it even worse, that he's dreaming of not just anyone leaving him, but me. I rub his back lightly and whisper to him, "I won't leave you, Patton. I'll stay here. I'm not gonna go anywhere."

Virgil:

Roman's brought me what feels like my thousandth cup of water. My throat still hurts, the only relief is during the few seconds the water is moving down my throat.

     Roman gives me a sympathetic look as he runs his hand up and down my calf, from his seat at the foot of the bed. I keep telling him that if he doesn't want me to be in his room while I'm sick that I'll leave, but he always says the same thing,

    "Please, stay here? I like being able to take care of you. Makes me feel like maybe I'm helping."

    I always nod and assure him that he is helping.

    Roman heads back to his side of the bed, he starts another movie, the fourth. He pulls me to him and starts rubbing my back, probably hoping once again to coax me into a nap.

Remus:

Logan's making breakfast, he'd probably be good at it if I would stop coming up behind him and hugging his waist. He keeps letting me, though, and I can't seem to restrain myself.

Eventually he pushes a plate of eggs towards me, he allows me to put whatever I want on them. If we were human he probably would've stopped me, or so he says. But, since there won't be any repercussions he's allowing it. I ask him how we can get sick if we're not human, he goes into some long explanation about how we as aspects are unable to fulfill our jobs after doing a certain thing, and can effect other aspects which is how we'd be contagious. Or something like that.

I nod, but I don't really understand and I think he knows because he just kisses me on the forehead and goes back to cooking.