16

Remus:
     I show Logan a rather calm creation first. Just a rat with far too many mouths. I'm worried he's gonna be grossed out. He's promised me he doesn't think my creations are horrifying, and that he doesn't think I'm horrifying. But...what if I push too far?

     Logan asks if he may touch the rat and I cackle and ask why he would want to.

     "I'm merely curious." He replies, his eyes following the rat as it runs around the area. I realize the look on his face is one of intense fascination and I giggle.

     "Here you go," I scoop up the rat and place it in his hands. I make sure it's too calm to bite him. I'd feel awful if he got hurt while we were out here.

     He strokes it's back lightly and examines its teeth. "Fascinating, how would it releases excrement?" He asks.

     "I don't know what that means," I say apologetically.

     "Ah," he quickly explains it to me. The only answer I have is a shrug.

     "Sorry, baby, I don't have to adhere to your rules here. It doesn't have to make sense. I can do anything I want here."

Logan chuckles, "Apologies, the concept of being unbound from reality is easily lost on me."

I laugh, "I know, baby."

"May I see another one of your creations?" He asks me in a soft voice, the rat jumps from his hands and onto the ground. It scurries out of sight and into the forest.

     I grin, "Of course you can."

Patton:
Deceit and I have moved on to playing go fish. I'm doing a lot better than him and he's getting grumpy.

"How about I go make us some snacks, honeydee?"

He nods, "Can I have some of your special cookies? The ones you keep in the cat jar?"

I giggle, my special cookies are reserved for good deeds, but Dee knows it's hard for me to resist his pouty snake eyes. "Yeah, okay. But don't eat all of them."

He jumps up and doesn't even bother to hide his excitement as he runs to the kitchen.

I giggle, "You really like my cookies, don't you?"

He nods, "Of course I do."

Roman:
Virgil groans as he rolls over. He's been sleeping for a few hours now.

"You alright, Vee?" I massage his shoulder lightly.

He nods, "Yeah, just need to stretch."

I laugh as he arches his back like a cat. I hesitantly scratch his back lightly with my hand, he lets out another long groan. "That feels good..." he mumbles.

    I chuckle, "You're like a cat."

    He nods, "Yeah, maybe."

    I snort, "You feeling any better?"

     He nods, "A lot better, actually."

    I reach for the thermometer on the bedside table, "Oh, yeah?"

    He nods, I smile as I put the thermometer in his mouth. I smile even wider when I take it out. "No fever!"

    He smiles, "'M still tired though..."

   "Okay, Stormcloud. Why don't you relax for a bit while I go get you something to eat."

   He nods and rolls onto my side of the bed as soon as I get up. "Warm..." he hums.

    I chuckle to myself as I leave the room. I'm glad Virgil's not sick anymore. He probably needs some more rest, but the worst of it is definitely gone.