Ch.2: Partner Training

Last chapter, I told you guys about Lilith's quirk and what inspired it. Now, I'm going to tell you some drawbacks:

-When Lilith uses her strings, this can lead to scarring on her fingers, hands and wrists
-Using telekinesis for an extended period of time will cause her to get a severe migraine
-Her muscular regeneration asset can't help her with broken bones or regenerate limbs
-Enemy stunning only lasts for a few minutes if used once, which is a disadvantage if you're looking for an extended attack
-Enemy stunning can also strain her voice if used excessively

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my introduction with my new classmates, Mr. Aiawaza decided to have us do some training. I don't know if it was because I was the new kid or what, but either way, I was excited. It gave me a chance to show what I can do, with or without my powers. Plus, I can't wait to see the look on Bakugou's face when I show my strength. Then again, he didn't have a reaction when he first heard my name. Only when I named off my quirk and that was just laughter and a rude remark.

Is it possible that he doesn't remember me?

It's the only logical explanation. Bullies don't tend to remember the people they hurt from years ago. I guess that means Bakugou doesn't know who I am and that we were classmates long before now.

But soon, he'll remember. He's not as stubborn as he makes himself out to be.

"Alright, class, you will be organized into pairs. This will better help you identify your weaknesses and strengths in hand-to-hand combat. I'm going to run down the list... Darcwood and Todoroki," Mr. Aiawaza said in a monotone voice, looking at a paper on a clipboard.

Todoroki? Why does that name sound so familiar?

A light tap on my shoulder alerted me that someone wanted my attention. Turning around, I saw that it was the boy who had asked me about my quirk during class. Now having a better look at him, I saw that he had a scar over and around his blue right eye. Damn, what happened to this poor guy?

"Are you Todoroki?" I asked bluntly, keeping my cool and calm composure. I was probably being Captain Obvious in that moment, considering that he tapped my shoulder as soon as my name was called for partners.

"Yes, I am" he said in a monotone voice, his face showing no kind of emotion. Damn, is he a robot or something? 'Cause he's not even cracking a smile. But, hey, everyone's different, right? Who am I to judge?

Once all the pairs were called, we moved to a random area of the field. Me and Todoroki just threw punches and kicks at each other to test our skills. But, we didn't go all out on each other. Otherwise, one of us might end up in Recovery Girl's office.

I gotta say, Todoroki was pretty strong and seemed to have a lot of moves. He was agile and moved like he was almost a figure skater or was dancing with fire. Wait... fire... ice... he's Endeavor's son! That's why his last name sounded so familiar. But, why is he so cold and emotionless? It's almost like he hasn't experienced any happiness in his life. I guess being the son of the second best hero isn't all it cracked up to be. But, I don't want to be that nosy girl who wants to know everything about everybody.

I was so focused on analyzing his movements and character, that I was caught off guard when he spoke, "Do you have something against Bakugou?"

Oh shit, there it is...

"What makes you think I have a grudge against Bakugou?" I asked as I blocked a punch he had aimed at my face. Was I really that easy to read? Just because I told him off for mocking my quirk, doesn't mean I have a grudge against him. I just can't forgive him for the pain he put me through when we were kids.

The Dark Marionette जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें