Ch.8: The Girls From Outside

Now, I'm going to be introducing two new characters who will be Lilith's friends outside of Class 1-A. But, it's not going to be easy. I thought it would be fun to throw some background drama, just for fun.

PS: This is one of these longer chapters so far! There will be more like this in the future and I might edit the previous ones to be longer and better.

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a free period before lunch, so I decided to spend outside under a tree. I need some time to mediate since me and Bakugou had an argument during class today. I was about ready to smack him into a nearby wall, but I didn't. I didn't want to run the risk of getting myself expelled.

I sat under a cherry blossom tree, sketchbook in hand. Like before, I just started drawing a simple figure. I then grabbed my phone, unlocked it and hopped onto Spotify. I clicked on my personal playlist and it picked up on the last song I listened to. I began to sing along to the tune as it played through my earbuds...

Here comes a wave
Meant to wash me away
A tide that is taking me under

Broken again
Left with nothing to say
My voice drowned out
In the thunder

And I can't cry
And I can't start to crumble
Whenever they try
To shut or cut me down

I can't stay silent
Though they want to keep me quiet
And I tremble when they try it
All I know is I won't go speechless

A finger lightly tapped me on my right shoulder, turning my attention upward as I took out my headphones. A girl with a blend of pink and rose gold hair looked at me with bright turquoise eyes. I noticed that she wasn't wearing the UA uniform. She waved at me, saying, "Hi there. Is it ok if me and my friend sit with you?"

Suddenly, another girl peered out from behind her back. Her black hair was streaked with bright red, matching her slitted ruby eyes. She too wasn't wearing the school's uniform. She looked more serious as compared to her friend. Well, what's the harm in letting a couple of girls sit with me?

"Sure." I patted the ground next to me after moving over a bit. As the two made themselves comfortable, the pink-haired girl introduced herself, "I'm Ariana Acqua. You can call me Ari."

"Nice to meet you."

"The name's Jayden," the other girl answered, her voice somewhat monotone. Damn, she sounds a lot like Todoroki. What is it with these kids suppressing their emotions? I mean, I'm one to talk, but still...

"I'm Lilith Darcwood."

"It's a pleasure to-..." Ari was cut off by her best friend.

"Yeah, yeah, we know. You're the new American transfer student in Class 1-A. We're also American transfer students," Jayden hissed lowly. Okay, what crawled up her ass and died? I haven't done anything wrong... unless...

Oh, god...

They weren't accepted into UA...

"You know, you have a really pretty singing voice," Ari said suddenly. I guess she was trying to distract me from the tension that was in the air.

"That's a lot coming from you, Ari. Especially when you're saying that about a 1-A student," the ravenette sassed, tone unforgiving.

"Jayden!" The pink-haired girl shrieked, narrowing her turquoise eyes at her friend.

"What? She manages to squeeze her way in 1-A, while we're stuck out in the world, forcing to live normal lives! Besides, she could be in kahoots with that Bakugou guy from the Sludge villain incident! Who knows what kind of sick shit she could pull on us!"