Cold as Ice (2)

"Darn it!" Naruto yelled. "Where did he attack from?! Is it the clones? Where's the real body?!"

"It's useless for you to even attempt to follow with your eyes. I absolutely will not be caught." The boy's mysterious image never left the daunting mirrors. His form surrounded them at every angle, scrutinizing their movement, and monitoring their discussions.

"Humph," Naruto got on his feet. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" He shouted.

"Don't-" It was too late. Multiple Naruto clones jumped out of clouds of smoke. Each one attempted to punch a mirror simultaneously. Barely before his fists could collide to the ice, his clones 'poofed!' into dust. His body, weak with exhaustion and pain, crashed into the ground. Y/n instantly picked his head off the ground.

"Naruto...!?" She worried.

"This is a teleportation Jutsu that uses mirrors that can reflect only my image. Watching you from the speed I move, It almost seems as if you aren't moving at all."

'This seems way too powerful just be a normal Jutsu...' Y/n thought. 'Maybe its something different, like a bloodline trait, almost?' She pushed Naruto into a sitting position. 'Something this strong would be almost impossible to get out of without someone outside of the mirrors to help us. Perhaps we can somehow convince him otherwise? Or, if worse comes to shove, trick him into going out of the mirrors.'

She turned to the shaking bodies of Sasuke and Naruto; they looked so bloody and weak. "Guys," She started. "Come on! You can't stop now. Naruto, you promised everyone you would become Hokage, and change how the people look at you! And Sasuke, how are you gonna achieve your goal if this gets you down?!"

"You're right, Y/n. I have a dream that I must turn into reality. The dream to have my strength recognized by everyone in the village and become the Hokage!" Naruto grinned.

The declaration seemed to make the mysterious boy think. "For me," He stated. "Becoming a Shinobi completely is difficult. If I can, I don't want to kill you guys, and I don't want to be killed by you guys. But if you guys are going to come at me, I'll kill my feelings with a sword and completely become a Shinobi. This bridge is the battleground that connects each of us to our dreams. I, for the sake of my dream. And you, for the sake of your dreams. Please don't hold it against me- I want to protect the person dear to me. I work for the sake of that person, I fight for that person, and I want to make that person's dream a reality. That's my dream. For the sake of the dream, I will completely become a Shinobi and kill you guys!"

~~~~

The same actions were repeated as followed: Naruto and his clones would jump at the mirrors, and they would all get pelted with needles. Y/n did notice, however, Sasuke's enhancing knowledge on the Jutsu's technique. Naruto would jump at the mirrors, and Sasuke would use his fire-ball Jutsu. The rag-tag system was able to lightly sear the boy's pants.

However, the method takes a lot of energy. At this point, it was evident Naruto was losing steam. Sasuke too. He stopped criticizing Naruto for his foolish charges. Meanwhile, Y/n's been sitting on the ground, taking every attack blown her way. So far, she's the only one with enough energy to fight efficiently.

"Darn! We were so close!" Naruto grunted. His cuts that littered his face were slowly healing. Y/n could tell; the once 3-inch scar on his cheek was now smaller than her finger-nail.