A Paper Test?

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ← This is p/n, and that's why he hasn't shown up much)

"You, from the Hidden Sound Village!" The exams proctor, Ibiki, pointed at the three assaulting Ninja. When I looked his way, I regarded the abundance of unnecessary invigilators. All of them seemed to be smirking as if taunting the overly confident Genin. Ibiki continued, "No doing as you please before the Exam! You want to be failed right at the get-go!?" I found his lecture to be quite lame. Considering they completely overlooked the fact that a student was attacked for no apparent reason.

The sound Ninja, however, composed himself notwithstanding charging at me earlier. "Sorry. It's our first time taking the Exams, so we flipped out, despite ourselves." I squinted my eyes at his tomfoolery of an explanation. Naruto shifted to grasping my hand and hauling me up from the ground. My balance was still slightly off, though, so I opted to lean against him rather forcibly (just a little payback from before).

Ibiki abandoned his accusing pointing and smirked simultaneously with the other daunting Jounin behind him. "This is a good opportunity, so I'll say this," He dropped his smirk and proceeded with a befitting scowl. "There will be no battles, competitions, and the like without the permission of the proctors! Even if you get permission, actions that lead to the death of an opponent will not be permitted. And any pig that screws with me will be disqualified immediately. Got it!?"

"Now then, we will start the first test of the Chunin Exam! Turn in your applications, take one of these number cards in exchange, and sit in the seat matching that number." He declared, holding up a white card with the number 1 on it. "After that, we will hand out the paper for the written test!"

'A written exam?' I frowned. 'But why would you need that many proctors for such a thing? Maybe, there's something more to this...!' Underneath my weight, I could feel Naruto shaking, be it from me pressing him down, or from the concept of taking a test. I briefly heard him mumbling the words, "Paper... test...paper... test." The notion seemed to eventually connect to him, as he nudged me off and roared in distress.

"A PAPER TEST!"

....

As everyone took their seats and waited for Mr. Ibiki to explain the test, I nervously fiddled with my pencil. Beside me, just so happened to be the sand Ninja from last week. He, rather flirtatiously might I add, told me his name was Kankurō. After that, I chose to ignore his subtle efforts of conversation and alternatively give my attention to the proctor.

"There are several important rules for this first test. I will take no questions, so listen accordingly!" Ibiki exclaimed. He used a portion of chalk and commenced writing the test rules in particularly precise handwriting. Despite everyone's groans, I found his no-nonsense demeanor quite admirable, knowing that proctoring a bunch of Ninja must be a challenging business.

"First off, you are given ten points each from the start! The written test has ten problems in all! Each question is one point. And, this test is a point deduction system. You are reduced one point for each query you get wrong!" I understood that from then on, he was only repeating the same rule in different ways. Mamoru told me, as an interrogation officer, you must learn to evaluate your inquiries in several ways, so the victim, no matter how educated they are, can answer. 'Now that I know Mr. Ibiki is an interrogation officer, that makes a lot of sense as to why he's so down to the point.'

"The second rule. Passing or failing will be determined by the total points of the three-person team."

"W-Wait a minute!" Sakura shouted from her seat. "What do you mean, the total points of the teams?!"