The Rookie Eleven!

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

 "W-What's going on!" Sakura stuttered. Her teammates stumbled back in surprise.

Before them was their old sensei, with his tied-back brown hair and scar that ran across his nose, he stood with his arms crossed and a smile plastered across his face. He picked up the old scrolls and started, "It appears you guys have had a rough time of it."

Y/n cringed, 'This was only one of the crazy things we've been through since becoming ninja.'

Naruto jumped in front of his team; an expression of bewilderment grew on his features. "What!? Why are you appearing with a summoning?"

"At the end of this exam, we Chunin are to welcome the test-takers," Iruka answered. From the ever-existent grin on his face, Y/n analyzed his delight from the situation. It's a very wholesome topic that she is grateful to consider. She didn't go to school long enough with Iruka sensei to understand the significance of the situation, though, but regarding her teammate's expressions, she realizes they don't understand either. Y/n finds that rather sad, taking into account Iruka's happiness.

"Well," Iruka chuckled. "I just got lucky to get the important task of being the messenger for you guys!"

'So cute,' Y/n giggled, while Sasuke eyed her in confusion.

Iruka sensei brought out a watch and promptly compared the event. "Just in time!" He placed it back into his pocket and continued. "Everyone, congratulations on surviving the second exam! To celebrate, I would take you out for Ichiraku ramen, but-"

"Ohh... Cool!" Naruto shouted, leaping on the sensei and providing him a generous hug.

"Uh-oh...!" Iruka faltered in surprise, lamely attempting to push him off. "H-Hey, Naruto! Listen to the end-" Naruto couldn't hear him over his own constant blabberings of excitement.

The other teammates were too busy alleviating themselves from the event before. Sakura and Sasuke both fell to the ground in an exhausted matter. The latter still grumbling over Naruto's consistent chatter.

Y/n sighed, "Naruto," She lectured gently, like a mother scolding her child. "Let Iruka sensei finish." In an instant, he was on the other side of the room, latched to her side, obediently waiting with a giant smile on his face.

"I see," Sasuke addressed to his sensei, already used to his teammates strange behavior. "If we had looked at the scroll in the middle of the exam, what were you going to do, Iruka sensei?"

"Sasuke, you're a sharp one, as usual." He took one of the scrolls and held it out for everyone to examine. "The rules of this test were to experiment your conclusive mission execution ability." At our perplexed faces, he resumed, "To put in other words, in the case of the scrolls being opened contrary to the rules... Well," A sadistic smile grew across his face. "I was ordered to knock unconscious the test-takers in front of me until the end of the exam."

Y/n gazed in confusion, "That seems kinda extreme- Y'know, to stand there and continue to knock them out until the end of the test." Iruka simply shrugged.

"Hey, Sensei!" Sakura asked abruptly. She pointed to the large banner hanging on the wall. "By the way, what're the letters on that wall? They're kind of vermiculated, and we don't understand there meaning at all."