Chapter Twenty-Two

Lunas POV:

Once I felt complete, once I was happy as could ever be. I know I must hold myself together for the sake of my daughter. She mustn't know that deep down I still long for him...him the one that broke me-shattered me, and never said sorry.

He Who made a promise he couldn't keep. "You zoned out again," Maria mumbles in a concerned tone. "Ever since Liam's arrival you've been distant," she adds before cupping my cheeks. "It's nothing...I promise nothing will change," I assure her, before hearing a banging on the door.

I quickly get up and rush towards the door. Maria follows me and stands near me as I open the door slightly. I peek my head outside to see a man dressed in black. "How may I help you?" I ask with a suspicious look.

"Mr. Jackson told me to deliver this to you," he states in a harsh tone, I step outside as I take the box from his hand. He then hands me a card, I glance down at it confused. "He expects you at his apartment at nine-if you decide not to show up he will take Mila away from you," he says, before leaving.

My breath hitches-my hands start to shake. I walk back inside holding the box and card. Maria stares at me with a worried look. "L-Liam threatened to take Mila away if I don't go to his apartment," I mumble, before walking upstairs, and into my room. I gently set the box down onto the bed.

Taking a deep breath, I open the box. It reveals a black mermaid dress and a diamond necklace. Specifically, the one he gave to me on the day of our wedding. I quickly set it on my vanity, staring at its beauty. 'Why?' Was the only question that came to mind.

A few hours past and I decide to drop Mila off at Maria's house. I take a shower to take my mind off of everything. An hour goes by and I hop out, I place a rob on. The doorbell rings, I walk downstairs and open the door...a well dress lady stands in front of me.

"Mr. Jackson told me to get you ready," I nod with a confused looked, before stepping to the side. I lead her upstairs. She begins to do my hair and makeup, I stare at myself in my mirror. 'Is this really me.' Closing my eyes I take a deep breath. The lady helps me zip up my dress. "You look perfect," she states with a bright smile.

"Wait, this is missing," she hurries to grab the necklace and quickly comes back. She gently places it around my neck. It's still as beautiful as I remember. "You look gorgeous," I mumble a 'thank you'.

"It's time to go," the man from early states as he stands in my doorway. I nod, before walking towards him. The lady gives me a reassuring smile. I return it, as I walk downstairs and outside. The man opens the car door, I get in and settle down. We drive away silently, I look out the window.

Soon we arrive at a gigantic building. The chauffeur opens the door for us, and we step out. The scary man leads me inside, and towards the elevator. He presses the button and we begin to go up. I look down at the floor as I fiddle with my fingers. "You're really pretty...so why be one of his whores," the scary man harshly states.

"I-I'm not one of his whores," I muttered not wanting to look up. "Sure, thats what they all say," he adds with a snarky tone. The elevator door opens after a few minutes of being in a weird place. We step into the entrance of his penthouse. My eyes widen a bit as I look around. "Don't drool," a voice states. I direct my attention to the guy that stands near the balcony staring at me. "You May go, Daniel," he mutters, as the so-called Daniel leaves.

Liam walks over to me, he stares at me. Before taking hold of my waist, and gently placing a kiss on my head. "Please don't," I mumble as he leads me to the balcony. I notice a table with two seats and candles. A woman comes out and places food on the table. "I suppose you're hungry," he states as he pulls the chair out for me. I sit down and place my hands in my lap.

He sits in front of me. "Why, do you want me here?" I ask as I take a sip of the water. "Well you see Luna-I want you back, and I will have you back," he states with a smirk. I quickly shake my head, "no-no you don't....you told me that a long time ago," I try to hold back tears. "I didn't mean what I said back then," he tries to make eye contact, but I refuse. "Please-You ruined us...why?" My voice cracks, as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry I was so stupid," he places his hand on the table. "Don't you remember the first time we met," I shake my head not wanting to remember.

Flashback:
High school:
I've just moved to a new school, my mom said we were just moving away from our problems, yet it doesn't make sense since you can't run away from them. "Mom why can't I just take online school," I mumble, as I stare at the huge building. "Because that is not good for your social life...plus you need to make new friends," she says with a big reassuring smile.

I sigh, as I unbuckle...I hop out the car and place my backpack on, fixing my cute pastel dress. I wave my mom goodbye as I walk to the front office. I patiently wait, as the front office lady prints my schedule. All of a sudden, a group of guys comes through the doors. I turn my head to make eye contact with the guy leading the group. His arm wrapped around the shoulders of a brunette girl, who was very beautiful. Her hair fell below her shoulders, her big brown eyes shimmered...she was perfect.

I fixed my attention to the guy next to her, his blue eyes only held happiness and a bit of mischief. His dark brown hair was in the most perfect haircut...he was also perfect. They were definitely meant for each other. "Ahem-miss, here," the front office lady said as she interrupted my thoughts. I felt a blush creep upon my face. I heard small laughs coming from the group. 'Thanks,' I mumbled, before walking away. I slightly turned my head, to see the guy smirking.

I shook my head, as I picked up the pace. I wasn't going to get caught up with that group. I have to stay away. I sighed as I saw the time, I was fifteen minutes late. 'Crap' I murmured, before rushing to my first class.

As I heard the dismissing bell, I felt a sense of relief. 'Yay, first day down' I thought, as I headed to my locker. I unlocked it and placed my books inside. Once I close it, the guy from earlier stood there with a smirk. "Hey...you're new right?" He asks with a small smile. I nod. "Well I'm Liam," he stuck out his hand, I took it. "Luna," I mumbled nervously. "It's a pleasure meeting you...I must go," he says, I smile and nod. He plants a gentle kiss on my hand. He walks away, and I stand there smiling like an idiot.

END OF FLASHBACK:

A few tears roll down my cheeks, as I slowly get up. "I have to go," I mutter, before beginning to walk away. "Please, don't," Liam takes a hold of my hand. He walks in front of me, I look up at him. Here he was the person that left me broken. "I still love you," he states while gently squeezing my hand. 

Heyyy!!!! Thanks for reading! I love you guy!❤️❤️❤️ Also, I was wondering, after I finish this story-if you guys wanted me to write their love story from the beginning

Also, I was wondering, after I finish this story-if you guys wanted me to write their love story from the beginning...before all the heartbreak?