Chapter 5

Kris POV
Afta the boys and I got home, we all got ready for bed. Of course, ise on the other hand, got ready to confront whoever had ma hat. I normally would've blown this off but this person obvious knows I'm a newsie AND a girl. Now I just gotta see who this son of a gun is and how much more he knows of me.

TIME SKIPS TO 11:40 PM
I quietly made my way to the fire escape and climbed down. I hurriedly made my way to Brooklyn taking all the shortcuts.

ONE BRISK WALK LATER
I approached the Bridge to see someone looking out at the wata with my hat next to 'im. I walked up to the mysterious person, they obviously didn't budge so I sat next to them.

"I see youse want your cap back"

I was slightly taken aback. That voice. That masculine voice. I didn't even think of this person to be a dude because when they were sitting they seemed quite small and it was really dark out to notice any features. I swear I've heard that voice before.

"Yea and what of it"

"Cmon Doll Face. Lighten up a bit"

"Ise got a name you know"

"Oh yea, trust me Doll Face, I know"

I could basically hear the arrogance sweeping out of this boy after this retort. And then it hit me.

"Spot?!"

"That's ma name. Don't wear it out;)"

I rolled my eyes and stood up. He mirrored my actions trying to get a better look of me in the dim lighting.

"How much do youse know"

"I know enough.. Miss Kris White"

My face grew pale. Aw shit he knows who I REALLY am.

"What's wrong Doll Face? Cat got your tongue?"

I immediately grabbed him by the suspenders, which took him by surprise, and brought him close to me. I pulled him down to eye level because he was quite a bit taller than me and looked him in the eyes.

"Say anything and ise otta soak ya"

Spot just looked at me and smirked. Damn. He looked me in the eyes again and stared. I got lost in his eyes. These eyes were different from every other time. They were soft, illuminated by the moonlight, blue as the ocean, and warm as the sun. I was snapped outta my thoughts when he stood up fully and brought his face close to my ear and whispered.

"Seems to me that youse forgot who youse talkin too, Doll Face"

And in an instant he flipped us. By back against one of the beams of the bridge, my wrists pinned, and Spot towering over me and looking down. My face was as red as his suspenders at this point, at least it was dark enough where you couldn't see though.

And of course I couldn't talk straight because my flustered ass could barely keep my knees from buckling. His gaze could make me melt. Wait.. woah. Let's back it up.. I was about to scold myself for thinking such unholy thoughts about this arrogant ass when I was interrupted with a cough.

Cough* cough* "try not to get too distracted sweet face. take a picture, it'll last longer"

I felt my face flush as I looked away. I finally collected myself and came back to my senses...
I'm a bad bitch from Queens..

I kicked the joint on the back of his leg, tripped him, and pinned him on the ground.

"Seems like youse the one that's distracted"

"Try me"

I ran my hand down his side as I attacked his neck with my lips. His breath hitched as I continue leaving a few love bites on his neck, determined to leave a mark. Meanwhile he was distracted, I snatched his pimp stick, sprang up, tipped my cap from the ledge with the pimp stick and landed it on my head.

I let out a small giggle before saying, "stupid teenage boys. Have fun explaining those marks to ya bois tomorrow". With a quick wink I bolted back to Manhattan leaving behind a dumbfounded Spot sitting speechlessly.

Spot POV
"Have fun explaining those marks to ya bois tomorrow" and then she quickly ran off. I was so confused. After a minute of pure shock I realized what happened. This girl, threatened me, disarmed me, snatched my cane, and gave me hickies which otta embarrass me me tomorrow in a span of an hour. She distracted me. I let my guard down completely.

No no no no no no Spot. This isn't gonna do you any good. YOU are the KING OF BROOKLYN. You don't stick to one girl or do this love shit. It's just the hormones!

I quickly stood up, dusting myself off. I made my way back and got ready for bed replaying the entire situation over in ma head. The last thing I thought of before loosing consciousness was her.

Kris POV
I climbed back into the lodging house praying that no one was awake or noticed I was gone. But of course, I came to find Race, sitting on my bed with the lamp dimly lit.

"WHAT THE HELL KRIS" he whisper shouted

I quickly shushed him and brought him to the roof.

"I went to Brooklyn"

Race's eyes went wide. As he was about to yell at me he saw the pimp stick in my front pocket loop and his face went pale.

"Wha-what were you doing with SPOT CONLON?!" He screamed as he yanked the pimp stick from my pants and pointed it at me.

I calmed him down and explained everything. Well, except for the part where I left hickies on him.

"He's a bad dude Kris. He's a womanizer, sleeps around, and doesn't deserve someone like you"

"Ew! Hell nah! I wouldn't fall for an ass hat like him" my consciousness on the other hand was in the back of my head going "bitch I know the fuck youse lying".

Race was practically my brother. Of course I'll tell him everything and of course I'd take his advice. But the heart wants what it wants.
I fell asleep that night dreaming.

THE DREAM
I was out looking over the bridge when I felt a pair of hand wrap around my waist. A kiss had landed on my shoulder as this person hugged me from behind and swayed, looking out at the water like I did. I smiled, this feeling of butterflies in my stomach grew as I soaked in the bliss. I turned around to see...

Spot.

I woke up sat up in bed. Completely confused on what this dream meant. Why were you dreaming of him? Why did you like it? Am I catching feelings?

I layer back down in bed. Thousands of questions flowing, eventually I settled down and drifted into a deep slumber. Little did I know someone had the same dream as I did. Cough* cough* it's spot.