Chapter 13

The sun peaked over the horizon, sending rays of warmth and light all over New York. Spot slept in Manhattan since he and Race were going to carry out their plan.

Spot slowly opened his eyes and tried to gain consciousness as the sun beamed down on his face. He sat up in the bunk and raked his fingers through his messy hair. He made his way over to wake up Race.

To no surprise at all, Spot found Race sprawled out on his bed drooling. He rolled his eyes, chuckling to himself. Spot went and crouched down next to Race and smiled devilishly. He suddenly yanked Race's pillow, hit him with it, and yelled out "WAKE YO LAzY ASS UP".

Race jumped and fell off the bed. Quickly standing up as if he was ready for a fight on sight, Race looked frantically around the room when he found the source of his panic. He found Spot dying of laughter as he was clumsily making his way to the bathroom.

The two newsies got ready for the day. They washed up and ate breakfast before heading to the Bronx for their meeting with the King of The Bronx. Or should we say..  Queen.

MEANWHILE

Kris got up early to start the day. After all, being the leader for the Bronx newsies is a lot of work. After everyone had finally begun their usual routine she made her way back to her office to plan.

Lately, she had been stressing about the potential Borough war that has been rumored to occur. The Bronx had a well know reputation of being ruthless, strong, and independent. They had such a reputation that it exceeded Brooklyn.

No one had any problems with The Bronx, but there have been a lot of meetings. Many Boroughs have come here to form an alliance, but is she had agreed a war was bound to come.

As Kris was busy doing paperwork, a knock had pierced through the comfortable silence she had been working in.

"Gimme a sec!" She called, in her most masculine voice. Kris was tripping over everywhere as she desperately tried to conceal her feminine figure, for she was in nothing more than a shirt and short shorts... After failing to find any decent clothes, she threw on a white button up that fell to mid thigh and stuffed her hair into a cap.

Right as the door knob twisted, she threw herself into her chair and scooted in behind her desk as she tilted her hat over her eyes, praying she won't have to stand up and reveal she practically doesn't have any pants on.

Race POV
As Spot and I approached the lodging house my heart quickened its pace. Was I really about to be reunited with my bestfriend?

After we were let in by some newsie named Eli, we headed towards the same office. We knocked, a low masculine voice replied. I rolled my eyes, yea right, meeting up with Kris my ass! I let out a sigh as Spot stared blankly.

He had a questionable look on his face. I observed him stare at the door before he had a sudden outburst. As if waking from a daydream, he shook his head and reached for the door knob.

Spot POV
Whose voice was that? What's some guy doin in Kris's office? Does she have a boifriend? I heard shuffling and constant, clumsy sounds. Oh hell nah. She couldn't be..

Before letting my thoughts rage on, I reached for the door and started to open it.

Race and I walked in to see some guy in white shirt and black cap sitting in front of us. Well I thought it was some guy until..

Kris POV
Two people had suddenly entered the room. I slowly looked up at them, careful not to reveal my face.

I was surprised to see Spot and Race. SHIT! I was supposed to meet them today! I quickly mumbled a quick fuck and facepalmed. A blush spread across my face due to the embarrassment of forgetting.

Here I am. Sitting pant-less meeting with people from my old life. Great job Kris.

Race POV
We walk in to see some dude. I scoff to myself. I can't believe that I got my hopes up. I was brought back to reality when this dude muttered "fuck" and face palmed themself.

Narrator POV
Race looked at Spot confused why this guy just smacked their own forehead. "Aye, youse good" Race questioned.

This mysterious man slowly lifted his head and faced the two boys before him. He took off his hat and the room went silent.

Correction.. she took off her hat.

Race just stared. Not believing who he saw, he took a step forward. "Kris" he said.

Kris POV
I looked up, expecting Race to scream and yell at me for abandoning him. Instead, I was engulfed in a hug.

I felt a wetness on my shoulder. Race was.. crying? He's never cried in-front of me before. I hugged him back, feeling guilty for not keeping in touch.

"Never leave me again"

"I wont"

"Ise need ya to promise me"

I hesitated for a minute. Keeping a promise is a big thing, but Race was like the family I never had.

"Ise promise"

Race finally released me. I then met Spot's gaze. My heart instantly ached. He looked so pale and tired. I just wanted to take care of him and hug him.

Instead of asking the awkward questions of why I came to The Bronx, Race broke the silence by asking about the Borough war.

They didn't ask for an alliance, but they offered a plan. Both Spot and Race took turns pitching their idea to me. Spot did most of the talking, but I didn't really pay attention.

After being away for so long, I haven't really had much time for boys. I mean there was Eli, but we both knew it wasn't exclusive. So I couldn't really help myself.

His hair got longer. His eyes are just as mesmerizing. He still had that thick ass accent.
He was still as fine as ever.

I must've been unconsciously staring. And well.. drooling because Spot paused.
He looked at me and smirked.

"Some things don't change Doll. Look all youse want but things only got bigger and better" he winked.

I looked away as a blush crept onto my cheeks. Shit. Get a grip Kris! Have some dignity and play hard to get! This about to be one hella long meeting..