Chapter 10

Jack POV
There's been too much conflict between the Burroughs. We needed to secure the alliance. Spot and I have been discussing and we've decided to each take teams. My team would go down to Queens and his would go to The Bronx.

Spot POV
I know, I know, "Spot! You should be concerned about the potential Burroughs war! This is no time to be moping around!" Yea I've heard it all before. Today we were finally going to do something productive.

I went to the bathroom and got ready for today's confrontation. I decided to look somewhat presentable so I went to my drawer for a pair of suspenders. As I was searching for the black ones I'd usually wear, I came across a pair of red suspenders.

FLASHBACK
She grabbed be by my red suspenders and pulled me down to eye level. "Say anything and ise outta soak ya" she glared.

I smirked and stood up. "Seems like youse forgot who youse talkin to Doll Face"

PRESENT TIME
Memories flooded my thoughts as I stared blankly at the suspenders. The first time I saw her for who she really was..

I continued to get myself ready and met up with Ace, Race, and Mush and we made our way to The Bronx.

We arrived at the Bronx newsies' lodging house and knocked on the door. A guy just as y'all as me, green eyes and brown hair, opened the door.

"What do youse want?"

"We're here to talk to Taylor". We all knew that the Bronx had a new, ruthless leader named Taylor. Their were many rumors back in Brooklyn that he might be more feared than me.

Kris POV
I was about to leave to go get some breakfast when I heard someone at the door, "we're here to talk to Taylor". Damn that voice where was it that I've heard it before? I peaked around the corner.. spot. SHIT... 

I looked at Oli (the dude at the door. We will get to their story later ), vigorously shaking my head no and had panic in my eyes.

"Sorry bois. Taylor ain't havin company today try again tomorrow" and then shut the door.

Today was the day I was supposed to meet my friends after being under cover for two months, but of course something had to pop up.

Race POV
Huh. Strange. Who was he looking at? Oh well. Guess were comin back tomorrow.

Spot POV
I rolled my eyes. "C'mon boys. I'm not in the mood ta bicker. We'd come back 'ere tomorrow afternoon"

LATER THAT NIGHT
Kris POV
Finally after two whole months I get to see my friends! Ironic how they chose to meet at the Brooklyn Bridge, but whatever, no no one will recognize me.

I ran to my wardrobe, eager to pick out an outfit. We would go out to the bridge and talk and head over to the Manhattan theater, so I decided to dress more warm than cute.

I wore a black bra with a fishnet top over it and black jeans. I picked up my favorite leather jacket and wore my newsies cap. Even though I wasn't dressed as Taylor, I was still pretty unrecognizable, compared to the old me I had different hair and clothes so there was no need to hide my hair or face as long as I kept my head down.

AT THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE
Friend: "Oh ma god! Lucky is that you?!"
Kris: "That's ma name try not to wear it out"
We all laughed and started to talk.
Friend: "So Lucky.. anyone catch your eye"
Kris: "I'm not sure"
Charlie: "cut the bullshit. Ise see you and Oli flirting all tha time"

FLASHBACK
Kris approached a large building, supposedly the lodging house of the Bronx and knocked on the door. A tall boy, green eyes, tan skin, and wavy brown hair had opened the door.

Narrator POV
When Kris first arrived here, she was usually escorted by Oli. The boy who opened the lodging house to her. Ever since that point, the two became very close friends. No, this wasn't Race's replacement, but she did feel a familiar feeling. Though the first time she had ever experienced said feeling was not with Race, but..

Keep going..

Spot.
Kris and Oli would always be together. Oli wasn't exactly the prince that'd shower her with attention and tome. More like a sexual tension. (Calm ur titties it ain't smut)

Kris and Oli were both sarcastic and had flirtatious. They were a duo like no other.

But ever since she left Manhattan and Spot behind, she was heartbroken. She wanted so badly for spot to be the one, which led to the relationship between her and Oli.

To the human eye, most would see two people flirting. To Oli, he just saw a friendship that jokes around a lot. To Kris, well she didn't know. She was so heartbroken she psyched herself to think she had fallen for Oli, but in reality she was just broken. She had mistaken her friendship for a romantic relationship due to the absence of love and emotion within her.

PRESENT TIME
Kris: "Ise honestly don't know. It's complicated"

The girls continued their catch up for another hour before heading into Manhattan.

AT THE THEATER
"Wow would you look at that! Medda's performing tonight! We haven't seen her in a hot minute" beamed Charlie.

Kris POV
Shit. If Medda's singin tonight... that means the 'Hattan and Brooklyn newsies are 'ere.

I pulled my cap over my eyes so no one could see ma face and trailed in behind the girls. As we walked in to find a table, Medda had already started singing My Lovey Dovey Baby.

We all sat down at a round table. We were singing and occasionally dancing as Medda and the rest of the newsies sang. I decided I wanted a drink so headed over to the bar.

I ordered a seltzer with a lemon, when someone plopped down next to me. A drunk. I rolled my eyes as this person struggled to order another drink. I pulled my hat back, knowing this drunk wouldn't even remember to get a better look at the poor sap.

Race.. I gasped. It's been so long since I've seen him and for him to be this close was shocking. "Anotha round sir" he slurred. I shook my head. Racetrack.. you're such a light weight.
I couldn't just sit and watch Race though himself away like this.

"Ignore him, he's with me" I told the bar tender. I looked back to see my friends either wasted on the table or dancing with a guy, "I'll come back for them later" I thought.

I wrapped Race's arm around my neck and grabbed his side and mentally prepared myself to drag this boy back to the lodging house. I knew no one would be at the lodging house so I didn't mind, but little did I know that someone spotted me leaving.