Chapter 7

Spot POV
She was stunning. She was an angel. As I listened to her sing I couldn't help but stare at her beauty.

Narrator POV
Kris continued to sing as Spot slowly became more and more whipped for her, as if her voice pulled him into a trance. Spot stared, gaping at her beauty and talent.

Throughout the night the two kept sharing glances at one another. But hey again, these actions didn't go completely unnoticed.

Mush POV
Kris's voice was absolutely incredible. She was so incredibly gifted, she had a perfect physique and could sing/dance. All the newsies adored her, and soon I've come to notice that someone else did too. Spot.

He kept on staring at MY Kris. No way in hell am I going to let this womanizer come anywhere near my Kris.

I went to go and confide in Race. Surely he has advice for me. After all, he is her best friend and wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her. He also knew that my "harmless flirting" had so feelings in there.

I pulled Race aside into a dressing room after kicking a few dancers out.

"What the hell man? Ise was talking to a chick!"

"Ise need ya help"

"What's wrong Mush"

"I think Spot is gonna come after Kris. And being the loving person she is deep, deep down she might let her guard down because he's broken too. Yet he's gonna hurt her. I don't think she can handle another heart break"

"Oh shit.. WHY THAT SON OF-"

Before race went out to soak Spot and eventually get himself jacked up too, I pulled him back down.

"I think we just need to keep her away from Brooklyn and Spot. Just long enough to slowly tell her he is no good for her"

Race and I nodded and headed out to look for Kris, but we were too late.

Kris POV
When I was singing I kept feeling butterflies when Spot looked at me. A feeling absent from my body for a long time. I've been so alone and empty inside, yea I had Race and the newsies, but no ones eva been able to relate to me. When I looked into Spot's eyes the first night we met, passed the icy blue glare, he was broken and just as fucked up as I am.

That's it. No more running. I think Ise about to try this thing one more time. One last chance at love. I'm giving you my heart, will you mend it or tear it apart?

FLASHBACK/BACKSTORY
2 Years ago
Three words always terrified me. I've been hurt so many times by the people who "love" me. But that all changed when I met    Eli. Eli was my boyfriend back in Queens. I met him on the street before I was taken away to the orphanage. Even then, he'd still visit daily through my window. He gave me hope. He was the reason I pushed through and escaped.

The Night Before You Broke Out
Tomorrow was it. Our two year anniversary, the day Ise get outta this shit hole, the day my life finally gets together.

I quickly made my way to the roof top a little earlier than usual. I always bet Eli on the roof on Thursdays. I opened the door and my heart dropped.

I couldn't believe what I saw. Eli. He was kissing the whore of this orphanage! I stood there in pure shock. He quickly looked at me and pushed the skank off of me and stood up. He took a step forward trying to explain some bullshit.

I quickly stepped back. Registering what was happening. He cheated.

"DONT! Don't say anything"

He just looked at me with regret while the hoe next to him smirked. I wasn't sad or mad. I stood there emotionless and numb. I turned around.

"Please Kris! Hit me! Soak me! Say something" he begged

"Goodbye Eli"

I stormed off locking them on the roof. I was more determined to leave this shit hole.

BACK TO CURRENT TIME
I quickly made my way through the crowd stopping at my dressing room to change really quick. Where's the rest of the girls? Huh. Strange. They must've went out or joined the newsies. I shrugged away the thought and changed into my nice newsie clothes.

I quickly walked out to find Spot. I kept on searching and searching until I finally saw the top of his cap through the crowd. A smile spread across my face as I hurriedly pushes my way through the boys to the cap. Once I finally made my way through the crowd I came across a scene that gave me the same feeling the night Eli cheated.

My eyes widened. My breath stopped. The only thing I could hear was my heart pounding. The knot in my stomach grew as I stared at what was in front of me.

Spot. Sitting down with some whore on his lap sucking the living day lights outta each other while the rest of the back up dancers were laying/groping around him. Huh. So that's where they all went.

I didn't scream. I didn't do anything violent. One single tear had escaped my eyes. Just as that tear slid down my face Spot opened his eyes and saw me.

Panic filled his wide eyes as he desperately tried to release himself from the grips of the 5 girls all over him.

Someone covered my eyes as another person grabbed my arms.

"I'm so sorry. Let's go"

Race. He was always there for me. He turned me around and I looked to see Mush. He had a sympathetic look, "dont look back Kris. Chin up. Ise otta soak 'im lata"

I wiped the tear on my cheek, lifted my chin and chest, and the three of us left the theater.

Great job Kris. Didn't even have to share a conversation before your heart was broken again. I guess something are better off left alone.