Chapter 12

"KRIS"
I was snapped out of my surprising day dream.

(HAH! Y'all thought I was finna give you their happy ending right there?! Sikeeee)

My hands were still pinned, Spot still tightly gripping my wrist. Why would I be dreaming of kissing him? I did not restart my whole life for nothing, I am worth so much more than this bastard.

I no longer felt sympathy towards him, in fact I felt what some might call mischievous. I'm over being butt hurt over a bit. It's my turn to have fun now. I ripped my hand away from his grasp.

I noticed he was wearing his signature red suspenders, takes me back to when we first met. This sparked a devilish idea.

I grabbed his suspenders once more, and flipped us so that his back was against the wall. I grabbed his shirt and brought him to where he was facing me. "The Kris you knew is gone. The name's Taylor. Nothin' more nothin less"

I smirked and leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "unless, of course, youse got a daddy kink in bed".

I let a light chuckle escape my lips before releasing him and walking away. I hopped onto the window ledge and faced his dumbstruck expression, "see youse tomorrow". In a flash, I was out the fire escape and running back to the theater for my friends.

Spot POV
I. Um. What the hell? A light blush of embarrassment tinted my cheeks as I sat down, trying to comprehend what just happened.

Has she turned into a masochist? No. She may look different, but she's no different. The girl I met on the bridge was just as bold. Maybe turn the dial down, but she's the same.

Why is she taking on the "Taylor" persona? She definitely is trying to force this personality upon herself, but why? What did she mean she was gonna see me tomorrow?

A moment of silence filled the room as Spot tried to piece everything together. As if a lightbulb had ignited over his head, he stood up abruptly.

Spots thoughts..
-Kris runs away after seeing other girls kissin up on me
-takes on new persona as Taylor
-"see youse tomorrow" meaning she's in The Bronx

"Kris was hurt so she ran away to The Bronx. She started over and eventually became the leader, Taylor" I said aloud to myself.

Narrator POV
"Ugh. What the fuck?" A rugged voice interjected. Spot turned to see Race sitting up in bed and drinking water.

"Well, I'll be damned. Look whose sober". Race rolled his eyes, "what the hell is youse talkin about Kris? And how the hell did youse drag me up tha stairs?".

"Ise wasn't the one to haul ya home" Spot stated. Race looked at him puzzled, "well who did then". "Kris".

Race looked at Spot like he had no idea who he was talking about. When the name finally registered Race's demeanor darkened. "This ain't the time to be pullin sick jokes, Conlon" he spat. "Ise ain't lyin! Ise seen ha with ma own two eyes!" Spot said.

Spot sat down in front of Race and started from the beginning. He told Race of all that's been happening and filled him in.

After Spot had explained the whole situation, Race sat in his bed, silent with an unreadable expression. "SHES BEEN HIDING IN THE BRONX THIS ENTIRE TIME?!" Race screeched.

Spot calmed race down and told him to go to sleep. They were going to need to rest in order to face Taylor tomorrow.