CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Roxie's Rememberance.

ROXIE

"Greenie! Wake up!"

"Minho." A stern voice followed the one that had spoken before.

My eyes flutter open and a boy with wide brown eyes staring back at me. I blink again, staring up at his almond shaped eyes before quickly scrambling up and backwards. My head began throbbing madly.

"Who are you?"  

"Don't be so quick, you're going to hurt your head," says a girl. I turn to see a girl about my age with thick dark curls looking at me, with her arms folded across her chest. A group is surrounding the door, all boys ranging from thirteen to eighteen. 

A boy with pink hair walks in. He looks the oldest, probably about eighteen. As soon as I see him, I gasp, my eyes widening. I grip the bed sheets under my hands, so hard my knuckles turn white. "George," I say out loud, causing him to stop right in his tracks. 

In the corner of the room, Liam hesitates, staring at George as well. 

He seems horribly familiar, as if his identity was on the tip of my tongue, yet, I can't remember a single thing. 

"You know George?" The Asian one who had woken me up says, crossing his arms across his chest much like the girl at his side was. Everyone was staring at me. I fell into an uncomfortable silence, hugging myself and slowly nodding. 

"You look so familiar but I can't remember you... Why can't I remember anything?" I mumble, my lips feeling numb as the words come out. I see Liam push his way through the crowd to my side, gripping the bed sides. I look down at him, a look of knowing passing between us.

"Are you okay?" He tilts my head up with a finger, and the others let him inspect me, as if he knows something they don't. They look... almost scared. A plump little boy with curly hair sits in the corner, his eyes darting around. A girl with curly carrot colored hair is glancing over at another boy, his wild brown hair tame compared to the mop of brown hair on the boy next to him. The boy is gripping a silver katana that glows in the torch light. 

Another pair of people walk in, looking flustered, a tall boy with tousled blonde hair and a girl who looks exactly like the girl next to the Asian. My eyes flicker between the two, putting the puzzle pieces together. Everything in my mind clicked like gears fitting into place, and I gasped, all the breath escaping from my body. 

"Sisters." I said, pointing to them. Everyone turns to look at the ones who just walked in, causing them to blush more than they already were. "Siblings." I sat up, slightly pushing Liam's hand out of the way. "I know now. I understand." I turn to look at the pink haired boy, my hand swinging back to him to point directly at him. "You're my brother."

"George." I repeat. 

The pink haired boy looks at me with wide green eyes. 

"George.." I repeat once more. "Big brother. You're my brother." 

Everyone in the room fell silent. The blonde boy was staring at George with quirked brows, and the twins were exchanging looks. Everyone else was staring at me, including Liam, whose hands had fallen to his sides.

George's eyes cleared. "Ann. Roxanne. Roxie?" He said, his hands raising to his temples. He glanced around with a bit of fear and confusion, gripping his hair under his long fingers. "I can... I can remember... I-I.." He paused, gulping, and looked over at the others. They simply stared.

"Yes, that's me! That's my name." I pointed my finger into my chest, looking up at George. He stared back, his hands still raised and a perplexed look on his face. 

There's silence, a silence so suffocating, I can feel that same breathlessness returning to me. "What the bloody hell just happened?" The blonde says in a British accent.

"I remember her." George points to me, his eyes flickering to Liam, but that same fogginess returned when scanning his face. 

"Can you remember anything else?" One of the twins said, staring determinedly at George.

"No.. Just her. Like... Like she triggered something." George whispered, causing the red head in the back to tense. 

I let Liam help me out of bed, stumbling to my feet. "Can you tell me everything that's going on?" I say to the two boys looking at me, though the room seems to be silent enough to hear me.

George walks up and slowly wraps me in a hug, but it seemed forced. I wanted to tell him he didn't have to, but after a few seconds, he relaxed, and it felt natural. I patted his back a few times before watching him pull away. A nail hung from his earlobe, and I watched it glint as he ran a hand through his hair. 

"Okay, er.." George turned to face the others. "Can we three have some alone time? I just.. wanna talk. I swear, it won't take long... I just need to fill her in." 

"And question her?" The Asian one said, running a hand through his spiky hair. 

"Uh.." George stammered, going a bit rosy. I could tell he wasn't used to speaking in front of people. "I guess. I just think we should fill them in before we leave." 

The blonde one nodded- the blonde that wasn't Liam- and turned to face the others. "You have fifteen minutes. We're leaving then." He turned, slinging his arm around one of the twins before everyone began to drain out of the room. I watched, before looking over at George. 

"So let me get this right... We just got here, and now we're leaving?" Liam asked, causing my brother to look over at him. 

"You learn easy- you'll fit right in. Welcome to the Glade."