CHAPTER THIRTY: Curly Head.

"This is the Glade. We work here, sleep here, live here. We live in this place because there is no other place to go, besides the Maze outside these walls. In the Maze, there are these beasts called grievas, and they're nasty buggers. Plus, the Maze is always changing, so we send these chaps Runners, out, and they look for a way out." The British one remarks. We're all sitting outside. By us, I mean Liam, George, the brunette and her twin, the Asian boy, and I. The rest of the others are running around this place, grabbing bookbags and running around the large gaps in the wall. Laughter echoes around the Glade.

The British one people call Newt, and his companion is Marie. Marie's twin remains quiet this whole time, until now. Her name is Minnie. 

"Yeah, but all that changed, no?" she says. 

The Asian scoffs and cups his chin, rubbing his jaw. He has spiky hair and sticks close to Minnie. He later pronounces himself Minho. "Yes it did."

"The Maze walls stopped closing, cattle ran away, and we stopped getting supplies. We were planning to leave, until you two showed up, yeah?" Newt explains.

He then continues until I've gotten all caught up. I look around at each person in this circle a whole different way. All of their stories had combined to make the ultimate narrative.

"Roxie? You okay?" Minnie says, noticing the peculiar look on my face. Liam is watching me with concern and I nod to comfort not only his jumped up nerves, but the others as well. 

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Can we talk with George now?"

"Yes. I'll show Marie her banishment tour, and the others can get ready to leave. How long will it take you, George?" he motions to my brother, who shrugs. 

His hair flips to the other side when he shrugs, revealing the hole in his ear.

"No longer than fifteen minutes."

"Bloody fantastic. We're all meeting by the west doors." and with that, they all leave. I watch Minho and Minnie race off to go meet up with a tall boy with curly hair with the sword. They ran so fast, I wondered if they were part of the group called Runners that Newt had mentioned.

"Follow me." George says, and we follow. Liam has been quiet, silently studying his surroundings. We came up together, and I tried to help him, but we didn't really have that connection that I has with George. I eye the bandage around his arm and look back at him. 

"Did it hurt?"

"What?" Liam says quickly, and I almost run into him. That was a stupid question on my part... 

Of course it hurt. 

"I mean... nevermind. How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"Me too." I say, relaxing a bit and smiling at Liam. He smiles back, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"He's your brother?" Liam motions to George, who is walking in front of us, oblivious.

"Yeah. Crazy right?"

"I thought you were his girlfriend they way you were looking at him," Liam laughed.

"Nope, that's just sibling love." I laugh as well, looking over at him from the corner of my eye. His blonde hair bounced around his face, passing his ear in careless, wild curls. His face was young, boyish, but his eyes told another, more wise story. 

 I look back up as George pauses, placing his hands on his hips. We've come across a large vast meadow sprinkled with flowers. The ground is solid, but the grass makes it look like a rolling wave of nature.