Stealing (Manic x Reader) (REQUEST)

Society nowadays just advantages the rich. People who are poor and can't even eat are treated like no ones and are considered useful only when they work as underpaid workers or even slaves for the rich ones who don't know what it means to be unprivileged.
Rich people will always imprison and maybe send to the death row poor people who grew up in the sewers and are forced to steal just to be able to eat once a day.

It's just a day like the others for Manic, a guy who was abandoned as a baby and was brought up in the sewers of Robotropolis and who has been trained to be a thief from the day he was found.
He knows how much poor people suffer, he's been through all kinds of terrible things because of the way he grew up and he dislikes the fact that not even the richest people of Robotropolis will do something for the ones who have to steal just to see the light of day.

On the other side of the town, lives a very rich girl called Y/N, who is getting tired of all the privileges she's got: she knows perfectly how the life is in the poorest parts of Robotropolis and she really can't understand how the rich get away with this.
Now that she's grown up, she really wants to go outside and help the poor, she's extremely rich after all and she could give them whatever they need; but her parents won't let her go outside alone, in fact whenever she wants to take a walk or something like that they will send her slave guard with her because they're scared the low-lives might show up to steal something from her or even kidnap her to ask a ransom.
Y/N is sure that these thieves aren't inherently evil: society makes them look like who they really aren't. Society made them poor, and the rich are scared they might actually rise up against them someday.

.*.*.SOME DAYS LATER.*.*.
Y/N has finally decided she should go outside and give what she can to the people in the sewers: she's prepared a very simple plan that won't fail.
It's lunch time, and Y/N won't eat, her parents won't even ask her why since they have no interest in how she feels or what she does; in fact, the only reason they don't want her kidnapped is that that would stain their reputation and even cost them some of their precious money.
While exiting the dining room, Y/N gives her guard all of her food. Y/N doesn't really care about not having eaten lunch, because her stomach is always full, while her guard's never is: her parents don't even care about their daughter, I'll let you guess if they care even just a little for their slaves.
In these days, Y/N has prepared a lot of food for the poor, and even spared some money her parents give her everyday as pocket money. She's grown up with a moral thanks to books and her slaves: her parents have not given her any ideals to think about, they just want her to be greedy and self conscious of her "superiority".
Y/N decided to exit her huge house by her room's window: it sure is a little risky but she doesn't care, she absolutely has to go unnoticed.

Once down the sewers, she noticed people are looking at her weirdly.
Well, she's dressed differently after all and people down there have probably never seen someone looking so rich get in the sewers.
The first person to break the ice and welcome her to his "home" is Manic, because even if he's a thief, he's a good person, after all.
Y/N immediately opens the bag that she's got with her and reveals many kinds of food that the poor people down the sewers had never seen before: everyone is extremely happy but also confused by her behaviour.
"Well... hello everyone! I'm Y/N, and I'm just a rich girl who lives in the richest part of Robotropolis. I'm here because I know exactly how the situation is down the sewers and I couldn't take it anymore. Just because I had the luck to be born up there it doesn't mean that I am superior and that I have the right to be privileged. Please, eat whatever you want, take some money to buy some new clothes and tell me if you need something else!"
Everyone is surprised, and some old people are even shedding tears of joy.

Manic is as happy as the others, and, after having a good lunch for the first time, really wants to have a conversation with Y/N. He starts getting nearer, even if he knows that it would be extremely wrong and even punishable for a poor guy to get too near to someone who's rich: yeah, some rich people could report a poor person to the police just for getting too near.
"Yo, dudette, I-I'm really grateful for what you've done for my people. I think we're all grateful, ha. I like what ya said too, why don't ya come here more often?"
Y/N sure was a pure hearted girl, but it was the first time a poor person got so near to her and even talked to her: she felt like that was something against the rules, but... adventurous.
"O-oh, howdy. I am honoured that everyone is enjoying my presence and the gifts that I have brought. I would gladly come here more often, but my parents are controlling and if someone notices it might get you all into trouble."
"Heh, come on gal! Open your heart! You're the first rich slob- I mean, person who comes down here to help us. You're family now."
Y/N felt a light into her heart: nobody had ever called her family before... She really wanted to help these people after all, she had to put her fears away!

.*.*.TIME SKIP.*.*.
As days went by, Y/N kept bringing all kinds of goods to the poor, without fearing her parents' authority anymore: Manic had taught her she didn't have to fear any kind of authority to actually start living.
Everyone was happy down the sewers, the money Y/N could bring to them was spent in new clothes for the poor babies and new materials to build small houses.
Her bond with Manic strengthened a lot and they felt like they had known for a really long time: Y/N finally belonged to a family who actually loved her and her kind heart.

"Yo, Y/N. I have to talk to you."
Manic brings Y/N to a little hidden zone of the sewers: she has no idea what he wants to talk about and she really hopes it's nothing wrong or worrying.
Suddently, Manic takes Y/N's hand and looks at her deeply in her eyes.
Y/N has been feeling something for him since the first day they met, she never stops thinking about him and is now a literal tomato because of the stare she's getting from him.
"Listen... you have helped us a lot and I've never seen people down here so happy. Your heart is noble and kind, I thought I'd never see something like that from one of the rich!"
"I-I did this because I really care about you all. I had the luck to be born rich. I didn't choose to be, and you all didn't choose to be poor."
"See? Ya have a great mindset and I love that, sis."
"I-"
Y/N couldn't even start talking, 'cause Manic had already pressed his lips against hers.
Y/N knows this should be somewhat wrong... but deep down, she knows that this really isn't because social classes are just a social construct, so she just kisses back and hugs Manic tightly.
"Ya see, rich gal, I love ya for your kind heart and pure love. I don't care if the police is ever gonna get me or somethin', I want to spend all the time I have left with you."

Y/N has finally found someone who loves her for who she really is, and she never wants to go back, after all, she would just be betrothed to some rich guy she doesn't even know.
She has already found the love of her life... in the sewers.

A/N: I used to watch sonic underground when i was younger :0 manic was so cool ^-^
this oneshot was requested by Kae-dow, hope you like it ^o^