➞ Prologue

(Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the Harry Potter world, which is trademarked by J. K. Rowling. I do not own any part of the Harry Potter universe. All rights go to J.K Rowling)

"Come on Y/N, smell it! Tell me what your Amortentia smells like" Hermione said enthusiastically

"What? Why me?" I said in a surprised voice, furrowing my eyebrows at the Gryffindor Girl.

Hermione looked at me with a playful grin. "Is Y/N Malfoy afraid to smell a potion?" She starts to giggle, mocking me. I look at her with a disgusted face.

"That's silly, Hermione" I snap back, feeling almost attacked. "I am not afraid! That's the most stupid thing I have ever heard." I whisper to myself.

I lower my face to smell the potion. With a deep breath the smell immediately starts to invade my nose. I back up a little to try to figure out what exactly is the smell.

"Freshly mown grass..."
I think to myself, closing my eyes and inhaling more.
"... new parchment.."
Another deep breath.
"... and... cat's food?!"

I open my eyes abruptly, feeling my heart beating faster than ever. How could that be? I look directly into Hermione with wide eyes. The girl in front of me showed a confused look, studying me.

Her beautiful brown eyes looking directly into mine made my stomach erupt with butterflies. My feelings were finally more clear than ever.

"Y/N? Are you alright? What did you smell?" She says slowly, taking a step closer to me and putting her hand on my arm as a comforting gesture, which somehow made me feel my cheeks burning a little bit

I know exactly a particular brunette with mesmerizing dark eyes who smells exactly like my Amortentia...