2

I was carrying a tired Sam out of the plane. We just landed in LA. She had been surprisingly okay with moving, but she’s only three so I don’t really know what I was worrying about. Management had found a place for us and bought it. Because I was in Texas and had much more to pack than the girls, they were all settled in and would be waiting for us when we got there.

I was kind of nervous. I haven’t seen them since we split up and this would be the first time they would meet Sam. Now I was really doubting if this was a good idea, I mean would they get along with Sam or just consider her in the way?

We were just getting to the baggage claim and I had to put Sam down. “Hey, Sammy, can you walk?”

She just nodded her head tiredly. I put her down on the ground and held her hand tight. If I lost her I wouldn’t know what to do with myself.

We finally made it out of the airport and we got in the car that had been ordered to get us. I held Sam while we drove and on the way she fell asleep. I looked at her and smiled.

After about an hour we had arrived. I stepped out of the car while the driver got my luggage. I walked up to the front door and paused. This was it. I was finally going to see my family again.

I slowly opened the door and walked in. I looked around and saw the living room so I decided to lay Sam on the couch and say hello to the girls. I put her down and took the blanket off the end and put it over her.

Then I walked over to the driver to thank him and closed the door. Immediately after I closed it I heard four pairs of feet run down the stairs. I mentally prepared myself for what was about to come. When they were down the stairs they stopped and just stared at me. We were just staring at each other until Dinah ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

“I missed you Allycat.” She whispered. By this time I was crying. I missed these girls so much.

“I missed you too DJ.” I sniffled. We stayed like that for a moment before I pulled away.

I looked over at the girls. They now all were smiling like idiots and had tears in their eyes. Normani, Camila and Lauren all ran up to me and hugged me.

“I missed you guys so much.”

“It hasn’t been the same without you Ally.” Normani said

We all pulled away and we just stood there looking at each other, enjoying the moment.

“Sooooo…” Camila broke the silence “Sam?” She had a hopeful look on her face.

I just smiled, nodded and walked into the living room where I put her down. I kneeled down beside her head and started stroking her hair softly.

There was just silence. I was letting them take her in. I looked up at them and they were just staring at her with awe. Camila and Normani had tears in their eyes.

“She is absolutely beautiful.” Lauren finally breathed out.

“She looks exactly like you.” Camila said and sniffled.

“They might have the same… well everything, but we don’t know about the eyes.” Dinah pointed out. It was true. She was exactly like me. We had the same hair, the same complexion and a very similar face. She was more beautiful though.

“You want to see?” The girls nodded. “Sam, baby, wake up.” I spoke softly to her. Her perfect chocolate brown eyes fluttered open. “There she is. There are some people I want you to meet. Can you do that?” I knew she was extremely shy but she nodded anyway. I picked her up and slowly walked over to the girls. “Sam this is Camila, Normani, Dinah and Lauren. They are your aunts.” She waved slightly before burying her head in my neck.

“Who knew Ally could make that?” Dinah said.

“Gee, thanks.” I chuckled.

“Erm, may I, like…” Camila held her arms out.

“Is it okay if Mila holds you?” I asked Sam. She looked at me but then nodded. I passed her to Camila and Sam’s arms wrapped around her neck.

“She’s so tiny.” Camila whispered.

Dinah then snorted “Of course she is. She’s Ally’s.”

“Seriously guys, these short jokes are getting old.” I laughed.

“Dibs second!” Was then heard from Lauren.

“Dibs third!” Normani raised her hand.

“Oh freaking…” Dinah said.

After being passed around, Sam was with Dinah and we were all sitting on the couch, talking. We haven’t really gotten off the Sam topic.

“She was so tiny when she was born. Her foot had to get stuck and it poked the bag and it burst. So basically she was born one month prematurely via C-section. I wasn’t allowed to hold her for about two weeks, but when I finally did… it was the happiest moment of my life.”

“So, did it hurt?” Lauren asked.

“Oh yeah. No way am I going to be able to do it again.” I chuckled “Trust me. You are not going to be pregnant anytime soon, you hear me?” my motherly instinct kicking in.

“Yup, I couldn’t imagine how bad the pain must be.” Normani said.

“Guys,” Dinah whispered “I think she’s asleep.”

“Yeah we should probably go to bed also.” I took Sam from Dinah and started walking up the stairs. “Good night guys. Love you.”

 “We love you too Allycat.”