19

I have actually no idea about her family except her parents and brother... just to let you know it's fictional

----

It was Christmas Eve and the rest of the family was coming over for dinner.

Mom and I were slaving in the kitchen, trying to get everything set up before the family came over.

Sam was really wanting my attention though.

“Mommy, play?” she asked me as she stood in the middle of the kitchen floor.

“I’m sorry baby, mommy’s busy.” I said as I stepped around her.

“But-“ She started.

“Go play with uncle Brandon.” when I started cutting some vegetables, I felt little arms wrap around my legs. I sighed. “Sam, not now.”

“Pwease…”

“Brandon!” my mom called and he walked in a moment later. “Can you take Sam and go play? Or you can put her with your dad.”

“Okay, Sammy come here.” He put his hand out to Sam.

Sam looked up at me. “Mommy…”

“Go with Brandon sweetie.” I told her and Brandon picked her up.

She struggled in his arms. “No mommy, I stay.”

“I’m sorry Sam.” I looked at Brandon to say it was okay that he would take her.

When I walked out of the kitchen, I could hear Sam start to cry.

It took everything in me not to go after them to hug her and comfort her.

“Ally, she’ll be okay. She needs to get used to this.” My mom told me softly.

“I know… what’s next?”

After an hour I could still hear Sam crying in the living room. It was killing me but she was in good hands. She couldn’t act like this when we were on tour.

The doorbell rang and I went to answer it. It was my aunt Carol with her husband, Bill, and their three children.

“Hi Carol.” I hugged her then moved over to Bill and hugged him too. “Come in.” I stepped aside to let them in before closing the door again and walking into the kitchen. My mom was hugging everyone.

“Is that Sammy?” My oldest cousin, Emma asked.

I sighed and nodded. I started working on dinner again and my family that just arrived sat at the dinner table.

Aunt Carol put her hand on my shoulder. “Go to your daughter Ally. Your mom, Emma and I got it covered. Plus I haven’t seen her in ages!” She ushered me out of the kitchen.

I walked into the living room and saw Sam on Brandon’s lap with my dad in front of her trying to calm her down. When she saw me, she put her arms up for me, making grabbing signals with her hands. I walked over to them and picked Sam up off Brandon’s lap.

Her head went immediately to the crook of my neck as she kept crying and her hands clenched the material of my shirt.

I ran my hand up and down her back. “Shh, baby. It’s okay. Mommy’s sorry.” I walked around the living room.

“B-binky?” Sam sobbed.

“Okay baby.” I got a pacifier out of my purse and placed it in Sam’s mouth. She quieted down. “See, it’s alright.”

I sat down on the sofa with Sam curled up in my lap. Sam was still tense and whimpering slightly. I started humming into her ear and soon she was relaxed.