12

--Ally’s P.O.V—

I was so stressed.

It had been a week since the doctor’s visit and the results should be here soon.

Everything was setting me off.

Yesterday I bumped into Dinah and I was so annoyed I almost hit her. Even though I didn’t hit her, I yelled.

This morning I woke up to one of the girls and I wanted to cry.

It has been like this for three days.

The girls knew what was wrong and have been extremely nice to me and been keeping Sam busy.

We were all having dinner.

Sam was sitting across from me playing with her food while the girls were chatting happily.

“Sam…” I sighed.

No answer.

“Samantha.” I said firmly.

Nope. No answer.

“Samantha Bay Hernandez!” I yelled. The girls stopped talking and looked at me. Sam’s eyes were wide as she looked up at me. I never called her by her full name. “Eat your food.” She didn’t move. “Now!”

She quickly scrambled to ground and ran over to me, climbing onto my lap.

“I’m sorry mommy. Don’t be mad.”

I wrapped my arms around her. “No, no, baby. Mommy’s sorry. I’m just tired.”

“You wanna go sleep? You can have my blankie.”

“No it’s okay. Thank you.” I said. She tried getting of my lap but I tightened my grip on her and she snuggled into me. “Stay here for a bit.”

“Okay mommy.”

The girls continued talking and I quietly hummed in Sam’s ear.

“Can you guys clear the table? I’m gonna take her to bed.” I carefully stood up with Sam. “And don’t just put them in the sink. We have a dishwasher for a reason.”

I placed Sam on the bed and stripped off her clothes, replacing them with pajamas. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight sweetie.”

I walked downstairs and into the living room.

All the girls were there.

“Ally?” Mila asked.

“Yeah?”

She waved a letter in her hand. “It’s here.”

My heart stopped.

I walked over to her and took the letter. I sat on the couch with the girls around me.

This was it.

I was afraid to open it. I was afraid of what it said.

The girls noticed my hesitation.

“It’s okay Ally. We’re here for you, always.” Lauren said.

“I know.” I smiled. “I’m here for you guys, always, too.”

“It’s like a bandaid. Just rip it off.” Mani said.

I slowly opened the letter.

The only words that caught my eyes were:

Not the father.

I just stared at the letter blankly. How am I supposed to feel?

I should be happy, right? Well I’m not.

Why? I don’t know.

Dinah took the letter out of my hands. “This is good news right? He’s not the father.”

I looked down. “But if it’s not him… who is it?”

“I don’t know but she has been almost four years without a father and she’s perfect. I think she can survive with just us girls.” Lauren assured me.

“Yeah, she is perfect.” I chuckled. “Oh how I would love to see Troy’s reaction right now.”

“He’s probably punching a wall.” Lauren said.

We all laughed.

I said goodnight to the girls and went upstairs to Sam’s room. I sat down on her bed and stroked her cheek.

“You’re perfect.”

----

Sam should bond with _____ next?

Thoughts on this chapter and the story?

Does it bother you that the chapters are so short? I just feel better doing it like this. I work faster.

Troy is not the father!

Mila drama next chapter! might post tonight.

Thank you for 1K reads!! Means alot and it makes me happy! Thank you!