28

“What?” I whispered, fearing my voice would crack.

“We think Sam should stay here, in Texas with your parents, until the tour is over.” Morgan explained.

“You agreed to this?” I asked my parents hurt.

“We only want what’s best for Sam.” My mom said.

“How do you know taking her away from me is what’s best for her?”

“Ally, she’s only four years old. She needs undivided attention and with the whole thing with Lauren and the tour, you can’t give that to her.” My dad said.

“Wait, what thing with Lauren?” Morgan asked but I ignored her.

“I’m trying my best…” I said as a few tears ran down my cheeks.

My mom walked over to me and cupped my cheeks, wiping my tears with her thumbs. “I know you are but Sam isn’t used to share you. She’s used to have all of your attention. The only thing I saw earlier today was jealousy.” My mom told me and pulled me into a hug. “She can stay with us until everything gets settled.”

“I don’t know how to tell her.” I mumbled.

“It’s okay. We’ll do it together tomorrow.”

I just nodded against her shoulder and took in a shaky breath. I stepped back after a few moments. “I guess I should go pack her stuff.” I said and walked back into the bus.

“What wer- babe what’s wrong?” Lauren came over to me and the girls looked over at us.

“They want Sam to stay here with my parents.”

“What?! They can’t do that!” Dinah yelled.

“It’s what’s best for her apparently.” I sniffled.

“It’s not what’s best for her and definitely not what’s best for you!” Lauren yelled before storming off.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I’m going to try and make things right.” She said and slammed the door.

I just sighed. “I’m going to pack her stuff.”

“She’s not going already?” Mila asked panicked.

“We leave tomorrow so I have until then.”

“You want us to help you?” Demi asked and I shook my head.

“I think I’ll manage. Thank you though.” I said and made my way to the bunks. I found a suitcase in the back and pulled it with me to our bunk. I opened the drawer I kept Sam’s clothes and started putting her things away.

Every time I took a new outfit in my hands and placed it in the suitcase, I felt like I was about to cry. A lump had formed in my throat. I just couldn’t handle not seeing her every day for months.

I hadn’t finished packing but I crawled over to our bunk where Sam was sleeping. I drew the curtain to the side, making me see Sam sleeping peacefully. I smiled but wanted to sob because I wouldn’t be able to see that.

I wouldn’t be able to see how her hair went everywhere.

I wouldn’t be able to see her little hands in a fist.

I wouldn’t be able to hear her soft breathing and occasional snoring while I fell asleep.

I felt water run down my cheeks and realized I was crying. I went into the bunk with her and lay on my stomach looking at her. I brushed some hair out of her face and kissed her cheek softly.

Her eyes opened a little and she groaned. “Mommy?” She whispered.

“Hey baby.” I smiled and whispered back. “I’m sorry I woke you, just go back to sleep.” She closed her eyes and scooted closer to me. “I just wanted to say I love you. More than anything in the world. I would do anything for you and give you everything you want. I’m so lucky to have you, you’re the best thing that happened to me.” I let out a sob and sniffled, hugging her against me. “You mean everything to me and I’m so happy that you’re here right now.” I kissed her head. “I love you so much baby.”

“I love you too mommy.” Sam mumbled sleepily. I ran my fingers through her hair until she had fallen asleep again.

I heard a few sniffles in the hallway so I glanced down it and saw the girls, minus Lauren, with tears in their eyes.

Mani came over to the bunk and looked in. “Don’t worry, we’ll finish packing. Just go to sleep.”

“Thanks Mani.” I smiled gratefully before Normani closed the curtain and I fell asleep.

----

I know this is so short but it's kind of just a filler.

Thank you for reading and I'll try to write more!