17

***

To my past self

Sittin' on the shelf

Nothing lasts.

***

Maya raises her hand and knocks on her apartment door.

"I'm coming, give me a second." Maya hears Alex's voice through her apartment door.

"Hurry up, I want to change out of these clothes already." Maya groans. "For rushing me, I won't open the door now." Alex crosses her arms.

"I have Timmy with me." Maya bribes Alex since she knows that Timothée was the one with her food.

"Prove it," Alex says.

"Alex open the door, your food has icicles all over it." He waves the takeout bag in front of the doors peep-hole.

Alex quickly unlocks and opens the door. "We have the pasta you asked for." Maya grabs it from Timothée's hand and holds it up. Timothée holds up his thumbs and smiles behind Maya.

"Thank you so much." Alex hugs them both as they enter the apartment.

"Make yourself at home, as I do," Alex tells Timothée, she walks away and back towards Maya's room to lay down.

"Your pasta is cold, I'm going to warm it for you but you better get your ass up when it's done." Maya walks into the kitchen with Timothée following behind Maya. Maya places the food into the microwave and turns it on.

"You can lay down on the couch or something, I don't mind." She says while looking through the fridge. "I have water, apple juice, and lemonade. What do you want?" Maya asks Timothée.

Timothée leans over the counter and says "I'll just have a water, please."  Maya nods her head and grabs the water bottle from the fridge. She turns around and throws the bottle across the kitchen towards him. Timothée reaches out to catch the water but misses and the water bottle lands on the floor.

Timothée looks down on the ground and back up at Maya before smiling awkwardly and shrugging his shoulders.

Maya laughs at his attempt. "It's fine, let's go watch a movie." She tries to reassure him.

Timothée nods his head and picks up his water before following after Maya. Once they're in the living room, Maya hears the microwave. "Alex, your food is done," Maya shouts across the apartment.

Maya finds it hard to believe that Alex has her own apartment but spends more time in her own. It was as if they live together. Not that she doesn't mind, its nice having someone arround.

Especially after everything, Alex has tried her best to make sure Maya isn't alone for long.

Timothée sits on the couch slowly and softly to avoid messing anything up

"What do you want to watch?" Maya asks him.

"Do you have 'The Winter Soldier'?" Timothée furrows his eyebrows.

"Yes, I do, let me find it." Maya looks through the shelf up on the wall. After a few more seconds, she finds it and places the DVD into the machine.

Maya makes her way towards the couch, next to Timothée. "Move over, you're taking up the entire couch." Maya rolls her eyes playfully.

As the movie begins, Alex walks by with her pasta in one hand and a cup of apple juice in her other. "You're  watching 'The Winter Soldier' without me?" She runs around the couch and sits down quickly at the end of the couch.