Prologue

Ramsay Snow tightened the linen bag over his victim's face and poured water over it. He laughed as his victim thrashed against the restraints on his X shaped cross. The bag dipped as the man desperately searched for air. Ramsay lifted the bag, throwing it to the filthy floor before meeting the desperate gaze of Theon Greyjoy. 

"Good Morning!" He sang before moving to a nearby table. He searched cautiously for a blade, his thinnest. His sister inherited the best knife, he was left with the too thick ones. They always ripped the skin. 

"Where am I? Who are you? What do you want?" The Kraken questioned. Ramsay eagerly ignored him, he lifted his dagger and walked to him. 

He roughly grabbed his hand, "Don't recognize me?" The tip of his blade imbedded into Theon's index finger, Ramsay smiled as the skin tore. "I did change my appearance since our last meeting but not too drastically." He removed the knife as Theon began to scream in pain. "Let's play a game. If you guess who I am I won't take this finger!" Ramsay turned his victim's face to his smiling eagerly. 

Theon nodded, "You're no one." His breathing was ragged as he proudly looked back to his torturer. "You're an errand boy for a Northern house. Your Lord asked you to do this." 

"You really are stupid." He laughed as his blade hit the wood, following the sounds of crunching bones and screams. "My sister's letters were right." 

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Theon's blue eyes looked to his hand that now dripped with blood. 

Ramsay removed his knife from the wooden cross, taking with it the severed top of the finger. He placed the digit in his pocket. "My sister is the Queen in the North and Trident. She asked." Without any warning, his blade hit Theon's pinky finger. The Kraken's memory finally recognizing the bastard of the Dreadfort.