Part 12

The Twins were hideous, from the people that filled it to the architecture that inappropriately stood. It emanated pure coldness the further and further into its walls. Rhaenyra's hand gripped her husband as they were lead to the great hall to be received by Lord Frey. There was a sense of insecurity as they stood at the doors, feeling barren without the presence of Grey Wind or a sword for protection. She wondered why Lord Frey insisted against weapons. 

Frey men pushed the hall doors for the Northern party to enter. It was filled with countless people, each resembling the man who sat centered. Lord Frey. Rhaenyra's hand tightened around Robb's at the sight of him, he appeared to be a weak old man who looked more like a skeleton than a Lord. His bony fingers beckoned them closer. 

"My honored guests, be welcome within my walls and at my table. I extend to you my hospitality and protection in the light of the Seven," his eyes met hers causing a filthy feeling to erupt through her body. Rhaenyra attempted to advert her eyes, she then noticed the young girl standing at his side. Her stomach instantly churned. 

Robb dropped her hand to step forward. "We thank you for your hospitality, my lord.  I have come to make my apologies for my House, my lord, and to beg your forgiveness." His words emanated pure strength. Rhaenyra watched as he spoke, admiring him even more. Her eyes focused on the crown he adorned preferring to watch it gleam over the horrid man she stood before. 

"Don't beg my forgiveness, your Grace. It wasn't me you spurned, it was my girls." Lord Frey lifted his arms for his children to come forth. Rhaenyra rested her hand against her belly as young girls came forth, some pregnant others appeared to be younger than ten years. They lined around the hall, looking to the floor in shame. "One of them was supposed to be queen, now none of them are. Even those right there," he pointed to the three that stood together in the line. "Could have given you a decent betrothed for your son." Rhaenyra shuttered at his words only finding him more loathsome as he spoke. 

Robb looked to the children of Lord Frey, "My ladies. All men should keep their word, kings most of all. I pledged to make one of you, or your children, queen and I broke that vow. Any man would be lucky to have anyone of you. I did what I did not to slight you, but because my sons are mere children. I know these words cannot set right the wrong I have done to you and your house. I beg your forgiveness and pledge to do all I can to make amends so the Freys of the Crossing and the Starks of Winterfell may once again be friends." 

Lord Walder obnoxiously claps his hands, the girls leave. "Very good, I," he stopped speaking as his eyes caught the gleam of another crown. "There she is. Queen Rhaenyra!" Her head snapped to look toward him, he curled his fingers to her. "Come here." She looked desperately to her husband who nodded in the direction of Lord Frey. 

"Lord Frey," her voice was a whisper. 

"Closer let me have a proper look." Rhaenyra stood a foot before him, her hands at her side and her eyes to the stone floor. She felt the eyes of his countless children on her as their Lord father glanced over her. "The Pretty Wolf alright." Snickers erupted through the room, "The Pretty Wolf who controls the North with what's between her legs. I bet when you have that little whelp of yours everything will snap back into place." He lifted his hand to push her away. Rhaenyra returned to Robb's side eagerly. "You shouldn't have brought her here, your grace." Robb tensed at his words, his hand reached for hers. "You betrayed me over a tight fit and firm tits. Bringing the woman who blinded my son." Lord Frey's scowl broke with a fit of laughter. "And I can respect that. When I was your age, I'd have broken fifty oaths to get into that without a second thought. Well, I've enough room in the hall for you lot. We'll set up tents outside with food and ale for the rest of your men." 

Rhaenyra sighed, feeling Robb's tense figure ease. "Thank you, my lord," said Robb. He remained angry as they turned to exit the hall. 

"We'll let's get ready, shall we! The wine will flow red and the music will flow loud and we shall but all this mess behind us!" Lord Frey's voice was a whisper as they exited the room. 

Upon entering the tent, Rhaenyra pushed the small table over. Anger enveloped her as she looked around the room. She kicked her boot against the floor, beginning to search for her hidden dagger. Lord Frey had disgusted and insulted her, making her rage justified. Rhaenyra moved to the cot in the corner to lift her pillow to retrieve her blade.

Robb's arms wrapped around her as her eyes met the shine of the steel. "Stop." She pushed against his hold only for it to grow tighter. "Everything is fine. Stop." She kicked her feet against the floor making him fall onto his back. His hold did not cease. 

Rhaenyra gave an angered huff before slumping against him, "I hate him. I want to boil him alive, how dare he speak like that." Robb's hold remained on her. "We should have killed him when we had the chance." 

Her husband laughed against her back, "I agree. But come let us get ready. We can plot his murder another time." Rhaenyra rolled from him, waiting for him to help her stand. 

The two prepared for the wedding in a welcomed silence, only breaking it with sneaky giggles as they helped the other dress. Robb wore a detailed tunic he received in Riverrun, the stitching mimicking water waves throughout the fabric. He had a cape to match, twin dire wolf pins securing it on each shoulder. 

Rhaenyra did not know what to wear, only having her hair braided along with berry-stained lips. She sat on their cot in her smallclothes while Robb desperately lifted the two dresses she brought along. "This?"

"It is too tight." She pressed her elbows into her knees. "The other is a day color."

"Who bloody packed for you?"

Rhaenyra giggled at his frustration, "Bella. She tries the poor girl."