Part 2

Rhaenyra moved past her husband to sit against the headboard of their bed. She brought her knees to her chest as her head rested against the detailed, wooden headboard. The back of her hand reached behind to involuntarily trace the water like etching of it. Her violet eyes focused on the crown that remained at the foot of the bed. 

It was a Northern crown, ancient runes of the first men engraved in its circlet. Rhaenyra thought it beautiful, with its circle of nine iron spikes that reminded her of the sword Robb had come accustomed to carrying. It was better than her crown. 

Her vanity hated the dainty tiara the blacksmith had crafted. It sat uneasily atop her head and would slide off if she made abrupt movements. She did love the stones that were encrusted in it, the rubies and sunstones. The band of a crown did not suit her well despite its attempts. 

Rhaenyra's eyes shifted to Robb who sat beside his bronze crown, he lifted it and placed it on his head. She smiled slightly before reaching over to grab her own from his hands. She set it atop her nightstand and sat in her previous position, admiring the King in the North. 

"It flattens your hair," she spoke softly. Robb turned, his eyes curiously watching her. "You always look funny when you remove it." He smiled, lifting it from his head causing her to laugh lightly. His hair would always indent where the crown once sat. 

Robb rose from the bed, taking his crown to its box that sat across the room. Rhaenyra adverted her gaze again, choosing to look over the fire that still lit the room. She swallowed, sitting straighter against the headboard. "Here," Robb handed her a chalice of wine. The sweet fruits disgusted her as she took it. She pressed her hand to her stomach and watched as her husband sat in his previous seat. "Have you talked to my mother?" 

"No." She lied. 

"How is she?" Rhaenyra placed the wine besides her crown, she moved closer to him. 

"She hates being locked up in one room. She hates the guards. I think she is even starting to hate the visits I take with our sons." She placed a hand on his shoulder, "She is your mother."

"She's a traitor." Robb glared toward her, "She has weakened our morale by releasing him." 

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes, "You can go and speak to her. Your grandfather, her father has died, your brothers." She grew silent her eyes moving from him to the ground. "Robb, we are all we have. Your mother told me that the pack thrives and the lone wolf dies, please see her." 

"For you." Rhaenyra smiled and rested her chin against his shoulder. She brought her hand to his, intertwining their fingers. "Other than," his voice faded, refusing to speak of his brother's' deaths. "What stress harms you?"

"The Freys."

"Why?" Robb asked, clearly confused. 

"They left because of me."

"No love, it was bound to happen. Their loyalty was always questionable." 

Rhaenyra leaned away from him. "You know what he did." 

Robb nodded, "That is why he had your dagger in his eye." 

Rhaenyra fell to the bed, resting her hand against her stomach. She closed her eyes as she attempted to forget the moment she stuck her blade in Olyvar Frey's eye. He found her alone at the Crag weeks ago, cornered her in her chambers. He spoke illy of his King and yelled about her lack of regality and feminity. She proceeded to blind the Frey out of annoyance. Robb now has one of the Westerling boys as a squire.  

"I fear we may lose the war because of me. They label me as a Frey hater, perhaps I am." 

"Don't say that. I still have hope my Aunt Lysa will join our fight." He laid beside her, his blue eyes meeting hers. "We did lose our Frey support but we still fight strong. I assure you." 

Rhaenyra pursed her lips, "So many men gone. As if it were magic. All because we revoked the engagement between our families." 

"We don't need the bridge, what is the point of it. I rather our children choose their wives." She nodded in agreement, pushing her self to gaze down at him. 

"Robb," he turned. "Are we going to leave Riverrun? I find the stability of a roof comforting." 

He shook his head, "No. I have no plans to, our children need to be raised in a home not a war tent." 

Her hand rested against his cheek as she smiled at him. "I love you."

"I love you."

She gently kissed him, smiling slightly at his willingness. His hand reached to the back of her neck, falling lower to the strings that tied her dress. Rhaenyra pulled away to press her legs on either side of his waist. Robb's lips found her neck, she closed her eyes and brought a hand to his hair. His hands continued to fidget with the strings on her dress. She laughed and pushed his head away from her, she stood from the bed and continued to laugh at his shocked expression. 

"Why?"

"You took too long." She smirked and pulled the strings with ease. Rhaenyra held her dress close to her body, not wanting it to fall. "I have something to share." 

"News? Tell me." Robb smiled brightly, his eyes brightened as he watched her eagerly. 

"I'm with child." The smile vanished. Rhaenyra let the dress fall, her shift showing the slight curve her stomach began to have. 

"A child?" His eyes went to the floor, focusing on the dark dress that pooled around her legs. "You're certain?" 

"Yes, another." She sat beside him, she watched his shocked expression in fear. "You're upset." 

Robb turned abruptly, "Upset? How could I be upset with you? You're my queen." His hand went to her face, bringing her lips to his. Rhaenyra grabbed his free hand to press it to her barley rounded belly. 

"Another prince for the North." 

Robb shook his head, "A princess, or both?" He pressed his forehead against hers as his fingers spread across her abdomen. 

"Being a King has made you greedy. Did you know that?"