Benny

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day of sophomore year. I'm so nervous to see Jay again, or scratch that, Jonah. He seemed so different. He's a lot taller now; way taller than me. And he's stopped wearing his glasses. His hair is different too. Even his clothes and his voice are different. It's so deep and smooth. I bet he could sing really well if he wanted too. But I heard his grades are slipping, and he's become a bit of a player with the girls. I hope he straightens himself out before he goes down a bad path. He was so cold to me today. It was like we weren't ever even friends. I want to be friends again though. He used to be so fun. I think the biggest change is his body, is that weird to say? But it's true; he used to be lean and skinny like me, but now he's muscular and defined. His shoulders got real broad too. And I even think his hands are much bigger. It's peculiar seeing him in this light. Not as the goofy boy next door, but as the bully on the football team. But I could get used to the new him should he let me. Is that weird to say? Gosh, I'm so awkward. Unlike Jonah; he always seems like he knows what to say, and how to stand. Anyway I'm in all advanced classes this year so..... I'm in for it. I'm book smart but otherwise I'm naïve. Too trusting. Too nice. Everybody says so. Even Jay used to. I guess I should get to bed, it's already late, well late for me. I go to bed early.

Sincerely,
Bennett Walters