Uh Oh Day

Benny and I walked down the slightly snow-covered path. Benny shivered in the cold so I wrapped my arms around him, turning us off the path to look at the frozen creek. The ice sparkled in the afternoon sun. We stood there for a few minutes content in silence. A few moments later Benny turned around in my arms, placing his hands on my chest. My arms fall down to being hooked together behind his waist. He reached up and straightened my collar,
     "You know? You're very handsome. Especially when you wear green. It brings out your eyes." He laughed.
     "Oh really? What makes me so handsome?" I smiled down at him. He reached up to trace my jaw with his finger looking deep into my eyes.
     "I don't know. I don't see it anymore." He teased smiling coyly. I swatted at him playfully.
     "That's a bit of an unpopular opinion, don't you know?" I chuckled pulling him closer to me from the waist. "Most people think I'm foxy." I whisper in his ear." He pushed me away.
     "Really? Who?" He asked stepping back a few inches.
     "You!" I jumped forward and tackled him into the snow bank. I landed on top of him, arms straight and on either side of his torso. I look down at him, "Fancy meeting you here." I leaned down to kiss him, but he slid out from underneath my legs, leaving me to kiss the snow bank. I stood up quickly. "You're going to regret that." I smiled stepping towards him.
     "How do you figure?" He taunted taking a step back.
     "Now I have to kiss you again." I crossed my arms taking another step forward.
     "Ew."  He laughed, taking another step back.
     "Ew?" I stepped forward. "That's not what you thought last time." I smiled.
      "Yeah. Then it was super gross." He pointed at me laughing.
    "I think we need to try again then." I stepped forward. He stepped backwards in response, but we were out of river bank, and the ground gave way. He tumbled down the hill into the frozen creek, letting out no scream; it happened too quickly.  There was a deafening slap on the ice, followed by a paralyzing crack. Don't. Then I heard the splash. 
      "Benny!" I screamed rushing to the little cliff. It was about seven feet down. I grabbed a short snow-covered tree sliding down the incline. I dropped to all fours and crawled slowly onto the ice. I made my way over to the opening where I could see fabric bobbing up and down. I began to pull slowly hoisting Benny out of the hole, onto the ice. I dragged him to the ground, and he's layed there for the longest moment of my life. Then he sat up and began spitting out water. I rushed over to him supporting his back as he huffed the last of the water out.
     "Of all the things..." he looked back at me. I thought he could see the fear on my face. Then he started to laugh. "Of all the romantic things that could have happened." He started laughing. "I go and fall into the creek." I started to laugh with him. "What a perfect first date." He joked sarcastically. He stopped to catch his breath. "I didn't mean to assume..." he turned to me.
     "This was not a date." I replied. He looked genuinely afraid for a moment. I reached over to hold his face, "Our first date will be much better than this." He smiled at me. Then stopped for a minute.
     "I'm not sure if I'm...." He began.
     "We don't have to do anything public. Maybe we could even do something private." I wiggled my eyebrows at him.
     "Jerk." He laughed.