Benny 2

Dear Diary,

     Today was my first Friday this school year. Jonah was in a bad mood today; worse than yesterday. But I don't give up; I'm nothing if not a closer. I think I might tell him to call me Bennet instead of Benny. If he can be Jonah I can be Bennet. It's weird though, not having Jay be my friend anymore. We used to be inseparable. Best friends since I fell off the swing at the park. Jay was so nice then, he helped me up and hugged me so I would stop crying. Then he jumped off the swing onto his knee, so I wouldn't go through the pain alone. He always leapt before he looked. He was such a goofball. He seems to have outgrown that side of him. He was mean today though. So I ought to just put him behind me, but I'd never be able to do that.

     My shoulder still hurts from this morning, so I guess that should serve as a reminder as to his bad side. Maybe he's under a lot of pressure though. I guess I could forgive him then. I'm sure he meant no harm. Besides when he was little and we fought he always apologized with little puppy-dog eyes, and I always just couldn't stay angry with him. Maybe I overreacted today.

     At school I only have one friend, Sarah, she sits at my lunch table on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The other days she has cheerleading practice. She sits with me because she's in all advanced classes, and she says talking with cheerleaders is like chewing on a rock; you get no where, and end up sore. She's funny like that. She has the ability to laugh at herself, I wish I could do that. Either way Sarah is really fun. Maybe I should introduce her to Jonah, they might be a good match. Maybe she'll mellow him out.

Sincerely,
Bennet Walters