06

—

I woke up by the sound of a door opening, i fluttered my eyes open. Fuck, this wasn't a dream. It was actually real. I'm yet still on Alejandro's back, and we were currently apart of the Annual Purge. I looked around, seeing we were in a supermarket, it was empty, and it was one hell of a mess.

"Morning sunshine." I heard Alejandro say, I hopped off of his back. Jesus, I probably have tired him out, "Slept well?" He then asked.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I asked, letting out a yawn. Alejandro looked at the watch that was wrapped around his wrist, how haven't I noticed it?

"Probably twenty minutes or so," Alejandro replied, letting out a heavy sigh, "You said you were hungry, get whatever you want real quick." Alejandro told me, grabbing a random backpack that was on the floor. What was that doing there? He furrowed his eyebrows and opened the bag, before pulling out a gun? A fucking gun.

"H-How?" I asked, confusion hit me. Someone must've probably forgotten it, but how do you forget the only source of safety in the supermarket.

"Someone probably forgot it," Alejandro paused, inspecting the gun, "Or maybe they were killed." He then mumbled. I gulped and focused on the only thing that mattered right now, food. I was hungrier than ever.

After getting two bags of chips along with two cokes, I put the two cokes along with the other bag of chips in the backpack Alejandro held, as he put away the gun, under his shirt, just like my father did.

I miss him.

"C'mon, lets get going before someone catches us." Alejandro slung the backpack around his shoulder, before gripping the straps tightly, "And hold onto my arm, tightly." He ordered. I nodded my head, and did as I was told, as I ate the chips from the bag after opening it with my other hand.