07

—

The more we walked, the more things got scarier. A scream of terror was heard from the Alley we just passed by, causing Alejandro pull me closer to his side of it was even possible. I didn't get why he was so protective of me, he barely knew me, but at the same time, I was glad, and happy I had him by my side.

It was almost twelve and I had no idea where Alejandro was leading us. Did he know a place in mind?, "How much longer till we get there?" I curiously asked, I hoped Alejandro had a good hiding spot, I didn't want to be out in the streets for any longer.

"I don't know yet," He replied, "But hopefully soon." He added. I sighed heavily. Fuck whoever decided the purge was a good idea, I never got the reason behind it. Was it nice for them to see their own people get killed?

"Where the hell are we even going?" I yelled out. We can't just be walking forever, what if we get killed? Or most importantly, what if a sniper is watching us right at this moment.

Alejandro paused and turns around to look at me, right in the eyes. I felt the tingles again in my stomach when his eyes met mine, it was like an electricity flooding through my body, "Do you or do you not want to get killed?" He suddenly asked me.

What did he mean? Of course I don't wanna be fucking killed!

I stayed silent for a moment, before he grabbed my hand again and led me with him as we continued our journey to god knows where, suddenly I was pushed against the wall as I let out a gasp of terror but then calmed down once Alejandro was in front of me, his hand over my mouth, as he put his finger over his lips, "Shh." He mumbled. I couldn't see anything due to his body covering mine, but I did notice we were in yet another alleyway.

I watched as a group of masked people walk by, one of them had a gun over his shoulder, another had a pistol wrapped around his upper arm, and lastly I noticed the third person carried a saw. A freaking saw. I gulped, I watched as Alejandro closed his eyes and looked down, still held onto me, "I t-think theyre go-" I got cut off by the sound of their tracks stopping. Suddenly, I noticed them right behind Alejandro, I widened my eyes, "B-Behind you." I lowly whispered, Alejandro removed his hand and slowly turned around.

All three of them stood, I could see a smirk on which I assumed was the leader in the middle, as they stood there, watching us.