27

—

"Oh my god...." I mumbled to myself, I was shocked to see Roshaun. He just looked too innocent to be apart of this whole thing, I gently opened the door and got out. Roshaun parted his lips and was about to say something but it looks like he couldn't, I guess he was shocked to see me too.

"Audrey, get in the car." Alejandro told me, getting out the car. Dexter then got out the car too and gestured for me to get in the car. I shook my head and refused to do so. I was sick of getting babied around.

"She's so difficult." Dexter mumbled to himself. I ignored him and rolled my eyes as I focused on Mattia, who later on got out the car as well. Roshaun just stood there, staring at me with guilt in his eyes. I just wanted to know how he ended up in this mess. He looked so....the way we met at the supermarket he looked like he wouldn't do this type of mess.

"Well well well," Mattia's voice spoke up, a smirk on his face as he walked towards us. I could see the gun print underneath his shirt. I gulped, I was scared. I did not want him to use that now. There were no other cars on the road, everyone was too scared to get out, even though the purge was over, "We got little miss innocent here and her two boyfriends." He snickered to himself.

I almost gagged. Dexter was my brother, "He's my brother." I spoke up, giving him a disgusted look. Mattia raises both his eyebrows and mumbled an 'oh' to himself. I looked at Alejandro and I could see him holding back a laugh, I sent him a glare and he quickly waved it off.

"What do you want, Mattia?" Dexter asked him, walking towards him till the two of them were now face to face. Alejandro was alerted, and walked towards them and that's when Roshaun stepped forward too, I just stood then confused not knowing what to do.

"Her." He nodded his head towards me, his eyes meeting mine. Dexter chuckled to himself and Alejandro clenched his jaw. Roshaun gave me a reassuring look and sighed heavily.

"Not happening dude." Dexter shook his head, his jaw set tight. I didn't know what was so special about me. I was just like any ordinary girl, except with a mysterious brother. Fuck it, I wasn't normal and I wasn't okay.

"Take me instead." Alejandro spoke up, Mattia's eyes darted towards Alejandro. The two of them shared an intense stare before Mattia bursted out in laughter. I gulped and looked at Alejandro like he was crazy.

"Listen bud, this ain't no fucking movie where your the hero and-" Mattia was cut off by Roshaun. Why was Mattia acting like this? Does he have anything against Dexter and the others?

"Mattia, just fucking move on." He told Mattia. Dexter and Alejandro looked at him, almost as if they were thankful for his words. Mattia cocked an eyebrow and turned to look at Roshaun, not before giving me a wink in which I sent him a disgusted look on my face.

What was going on?