18

(Audrey)

(Audrey)

Five minutes turned into ten minutes and ten turned into twenty. I didn't wanna get out of the van because we all know what happened last time, I'm not letting this happen again.

I looked at the time, there was now an hour left before this shit hole of a nightmare ends. Worry began to rise in me as I looked out the van window, just waiting for the two of them to get out of the house safely.

Then..it was like god answered my prayers when I see the both of them walking towards the van. Although, I couldn't help but tense up at the fact Alejandro's shirt was now ripped and had blood prints all over. I gulped, please tell me he didn't kill anyone.

On the other hand, Dexter's hair was messy, and his jaw was firmly clenched. His hands were bloody, I felt the door open as the both of them got in the front, Alejandro quickly turned around and faced me, "Good, you actually stayed this time." I rolled my eyes at him as Dexter started the car, not saying a word.

The car started as Dexter drove away, Alejandro looked out the window and Dexter had his eyes focused on the road. What was wrong?

I held back asking him but then curiousness hit me, "Dexter," I spoke up, Alejandro glanced at me through the rear view mirror, "What's wrong?" I asked. Even though we weren't exactly close, he is still my brother after-all.

"Nothing," He made a sharp turn, making me wince in pain as my head hit the window. There was definitely something wrong, "Sorry." I heard him mutter. 

I wasn't having his attitude.

"Stop the car," I ordered. Dexter and Alejandro both looked at me like I was crazy, "Now." I firmly told them, I wanted to know what was bothering my brother, I don't like when people hide secrets, no one does.

"Audrey-"

"No! You guys are clearly hiding something and for some reason you won't tell me! So stop the car or I swear to god I'll-" I was cut off by the sounds of the brake and the car coming to a complete stop. I noticed we stopped at the side of an empty road, there were a few houses with their lights closed. No one was in sight.

"Maddox....." Dexter started, before letting out a heavy sigh, "He's after us....We have to leave the city." Dexter spoke up.

After us?

"W-What? The purge is ending in an hour Dexter! He can't do anything after that, there's no freaking need to leave the city!" I accidentally raised my voice, instantly regretting it later when Dexter sent us a sharp glare.

Alejandro sat in silence, his jaw clenched, "Audrey, you don't get it....Maddox is an evil mother fucker." Dexter replied. Yeah well, fucking clearly!

"And he isn't exactly after us," Alejandro now spoke up, he glanced at Dexter before turning around to look at me, "He's after you....and in no way in hell am I letting him lay a finger on you."

No...this can't be true.