19

—

The purge was finally over. It was finally done with, the nightmare was over. Currently, it was silence in the car ride, we were now out of the city. After Alejandro and Dexter informed me of the news, it has been silence the whole car ride. The only sound was heard was the light of the cigarette that Dexter kept smoking every ten freaking minutes.

I didn't know where exactly we were going.

"Are we almost there?" I asked, just as I did, the sound of sirens was heard. I looked out the window seeing multiple police cars and ambulances following a fire truck. I frowned at the sight, they were going to look at the aftermath of the purge.

"Think so." Dexter mumbled, in reply as he gripped the steering wheels tightly, his knuckles turning white. Alejandro sighed and glanced at me through the rearview mirror.

Is he going to talk to me?

I frowned to myself when he looked away with his jaw clenched. I didn't know exactly why he was mad or upset but it did quite bother me, I don't like seeing people in such a bad mood because then it'll ruin my day.

Within ten minutes, we were stopped outside a house. Wait what? Is this now our new home? I needed explanation on everything and I wanted to know what went down back there.

"Whose house is this?" I instantly asked, Dexter stopped the car as Alejandro hopped out and opened the backdoor for me

"Whose house is this?" I instantly asked, Dexter stopped the car as Alejandro hopped out and opened the backdoor for me. I quietly thanked him as I got out and waited for an answer.

"Mine." Dexter responded. Wait what? In no way is this his! I widened my eyes as both of them stood on either side of me as we looked at the house.

"I'm sorry what?" I scoffed. Was my brother a burglar or some shit? I thought the purge ended. Ugh, what am I even saying? Mother probably handed him money.

"You heard me," Dexter ran a hand through his curls before gesturing Alejandro and I to follow him to the front door, "Watch your steps." He told us, as rocks surrounded us.

"Ale," I softly nudged him as he placed a hand on my back, leading me towards the front, he looked at me waiting, "Did you know about this?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No princess," I tingled at the nickname he called me, "I had no idea this house belonged to Dexter." He chuckled, we watched as Dexter opened the front door and once he did, the smell of lavender hit us. It was like someone freshened up the place before we entered.

Where even are we? How am I gonna change? I literally had no clothes, and nothing at all.

I had so many questions I needed the answers to.