28

—

"Audrey...please get in the car." Alejandro turned to look at me. I shook my head again and turned my head towards Roshaun, who firmly stared at Mattia. I heard Alejandro groan to himself.

"What'd you say?" Mattia spoke up, looking at Roshaun. It was quite intense. A few cars were suddenly on the road, almost as if a traffic light was on the other side and it had just turned green after hours.

"I said, forget about it Mattia," Roshaun paused, his face now inches away from Mattia, "Move. On." He grit his teeth together. I didn't get why Roshaun was against him, but now I do, he was the only good one around Mattia.

"What if I don't huh? What are you going to do?" Mattia scoffed to himself, "Last I remembered, I almost killed your-" Mattia couldn't finish his sentence when Roshaun threw a punch, completely knocking Mattia out.

I let out a scream, "GO GO!" Roshaun yelled at us. Dexter nodded his head and pushed us into the car, I gulped when I was in the back seat, turning around seeing Roshaun carrying Mattia and putting him into the passenger seat as he hopped in the front seat.  He looked up as we furthered away, but I could see him sending a small smile in which I smiled back, thankfully.

"What the fuck happened?" Alejandro asked, out of breath as he was quick to get in the car. Dexter shook his head and pressed down on the gas pedal. I was certainly sure he was going over a hundred, Alejandro then turned to look at me, "You alright?" He asked, grabbing my hand and caressing it.

I sent him a small smile and nodded my head, still confused on why Roshaun had saved us, "Yeah, Uhm I'm fine." I squeezed his hand. Alejandro smiled and let go before facing Dexter.

"So, what now?" He asked him. Dexter let out a heavy breath as he focused on the road, he then glanced at me through the rear view mirror before putting his attention back on the road.

"I don't know....we don't really have a place to stay at." Dexter replied, running a hand through his blondish curls. I sighed heavily and sat back on the chair. He was right, we had no where to go.

"We can stop by a motel for the night, and see where that leads us to." I suggested. A motel sounds disgusting I know, it can't be worst though. We needed somewhere to stay at, and I wasn't spending the night on the streets, not when knowing that people are after me.

"A motel? We don't even have the money for a motel." Alejandro spoke up, shaking his head and clicking his tongue. I frowned at his sudden attitude. Why was he suddenly so mad? I didn't get it.

"She's right," Dexter spoke up, making a right turn, I noticed that streets were empty, nobody was out until they made sure things were safe again, a couple of police cars were lined up and an ambulance, I then noticed a dead body, several of them, I quickly tuned my attention back to Dexter, "Staying at a motel is the best we can do, for now." Dexter finished off.

"And where are we going to get the damn money from?" Alejandro replied, "We should have fucking robbed a bank or some shit while the purge was going on." He shook his head and let out a heavy breath, leaning his elbow on the window as he looked out. I noticed a big sign that read motel over it. We were here already.

"We didn't know we'd end up like this Alejandro," Dexter replied, pulling into the parking lot of the motel, a few cars were parked, "And don't worry bout the money," he paused, "I could use my charm instead." He playfully winked at Alejandro.

His charm? Pftttt.