23

—

After moments of silence and awkwardness, we finally reached the house. Although, there was an unfamiliar black van parked outside, this instantly alerted Alejandro as he looked at the car confusingly.

"Whose car is it?" I asked him, he shrugged in response. Someones mad. I rolled my eyes in response and got out of the car, and walked towards the front door; leaving Alejandro with the bags.

"It'd be nice if you'd help, y'know?" I heard him yell from behind as I neared closer to the front door. I ignored him and opened the front door slowly, voices can be heard. Although, the voices were quite familiar.

As soon as I opened the door, all heads turned to look at me. I widened my eyes; there sat Maddox, Isaac, and Jackson. The fuckers that told us to stay with them during the purge.

What was going on?

"Audrey," Dexter spoke up and excused himself as he walked towards me, "Mind going up to your room for a bit?" He sent me a reassuring smile.

"Why can't I stay down here?" I asked. I didn't want secrets being hidden from me, for goodness sake I'm not a child. Dexter let out a heavy breath in response.

"Because I said so." He sternly said. I raised both my eyebrows at his sudden attitude; who the hell was he to talk to me like that? Just because he's my older 'brother' does not mean he had the right to talk to me like that after not seeing me for years.

"First of all," I pointed at him, "You can't talk to me like that," I rolled my eyes at him, he clenched his jaw, "And second of all, I can do whatever the fuck I want." And with that, I pushed past him and walked towards the kitchen.

As I walked towards the kitchen and past the boys; I could feel their stares from behind. I honestly did not know what I'd do in the kitchen, I just needed to find myself an excuse to be down here.

Alejandro followed behind, bags in his hand before he placed it on the counter, "Audrey?" He wanted to get my attention but I was too mad to give him any. I needed time to myself.

"What?" I snapped at him, he raised an eyebrow in return, probably shocked at my sudden outburst. I grabbed the bags from him before taking out the groceries.

"Whats up with you Audrey?" He asked, grabbing my arm as I was just about to put the milk into the fridge, "Why are you being like this?" He frowned.

I sighed, I had to let shit out, "Wanna know why?" I scoffed, he slowly nodded his head, "It's because you and Dexter keep fucking hiding shit from me like I'm some child!" I acidentally yelled out, causing the talking next room to slow down.

I assumed Dexter and the rest heard because as soon as I said that, Alejandro didn't have time to reply when Dexter, Maddox, Isaac, and Jackson entered the kitchen.

This isn't going to be good.