002

The first thing Violet and Edward saw as they stepped onto school property was the school sign. After Georgie Denbrough went missing, a bunch of other kids began to as well. A curfew was now in tact, being placed on the town half a month ago by none other than Oscar Bowers.

"Wait, with that curfew, can we still do hang out nights?" Edward asked aloud. Violet shrugged her shoulders, as two girls fell in step with them.

"We better still be able to. I claimed my house this month." Betty said, giving Violet a side hug. The red-head next to her looked slightly uncomfortable around Violet and Edward, until Betty broke the silence between them.

"Vi, Eds, this is Bev-"

"Beverly Marsh, we know," Edward interrupted. Beverly's shoulders slumped at hearing the way he said it. He must've been one of the believers of her rumors. She had moved to town in third grade. Once the boys in Derry realized they were being fucked over by having beautiful girls surrounding them all day long, Beverly Marsh became the center of it all, in fifth grade. When Henry Bowers thought he could get any girl at only fourteen years old, his eyes laid on the pretty red-head. When she turned him down hard, she became the target of all boys and the centerfold of all the rumors Gretta Keene started.

"Eds, shut up. None of those rumors are true. I was there when it happened." Betty seethed at him. His eyes widened, as he went silent. The four of them entered the school, heading their separate ways to their lockers. Beverly and Violet continued walking in the same direction, before they found out they were next door locker mates.

"I've never seen you at your locker, have I?" Beverly asked Violet. Her only answer was silence, as Violet opened her locker and placed her backpack inside. Beverly took a few seconds to look at the pictures on the inside of Violet's locker. A set from when Betty, Edward, and Violet went to the photo booth at the arcade, one of Violet with both her parents and both her siblings, one of Violet with her baby brother, and finally, one of Violet riding her bike one summer with a note scribbled on it. Beverly couldn't figure out what was written, before Violet closed her locker and left without saying a word.

Violet was headed toward her math class, when she saw a Jewish boy's kippah being thrown from her brother to Vic, to Henry, and back. She frowned when she didn't see Reginald anywhere near them. She rolled her eyes and grabbed it as it nearly passed over her head to Henry again. The Jewish boy in question was trying to collect all his belongings from the floor, after they were kicked around by everyone else. Violet grabbed three folders that all had birds and the name Stanley Uris on them, and placed them and the kippah in the crook of his arm where the rest of his folders and notebooks sat, all nice and neat.

He looked up at Violet in confusion and slight fear, before nodding and running off to his class. Violet frowned and stood up to keep walking to class, when she felt the back of her shirt being held by a meaty hand. In shock, she slipped and dropped her belongings.

"Not so fast, little sis," Violet's blood ran cold, as Patrick let go of her. She landed on her ankle roughly, biting her lip to stop the tears. "You just ruined our game of Monkey in the Middle. Tonight, you're getting a world a pain," Patrick whispered in her ear, as she shook. Patrick got up and kicked her belongings all over the hallway before leaving with Vic, Reginald, and Henry behind him. Before Henry followed, he kicked her hard in the back of the head, making her fall over, gripping her head in pain. He laughed and caught up to the rest of his gang.

Violet slowly let the tears fall, as people stepped on her stuff and left her lying there. Oh, how she couldn't wait for school to be out.